Remember When

"Yo-You don't remember me?" she stuttered in shock. How could this happen.

"No, I don't remember anything except my name. I heard it in my sleep."

"Oh God! Doc...Dr. Larsen! Dr.Larsen" she cried out leaving the room in a rush.

"What's wrong?" Joycelyn asked the question they all failed to voice out quickly but before she could answer them, Dr. Larsen, together with a nurse ran past them into the room. They all followed suit but stood in silence waiting for her to explain herself.

"He doesn't remember anything." She finally spoke out." He...doesn't..." she turned away and buried her face in Jonathan's shirt.

"Can I have the room please?" Dr. Larsen requested. They walked out leaving him alone in the room with just Noah and the nurse. "You can go too, Yasmine." he said to the nurse who just muttered a yes sir and walked out. Turning again to Noah,he asked "What's your name?"

"Noah, Noah Hedlund"

"You don't remember the woman from before?"

He shook his head slowly "No, I don't."

"Nor any of the others that came in?"

"No"

Dr. Larsen noted something down in his notebook then looked up at him. "We're going to run some tests on you to see how much damage the accident caused."

"Okay" he watched silently as the doctor left. He heard him talking to his family outside and a single tear slid down his face. He quickly wiped it and shut his eyes with a heavy sigh.

   Dr. Larsen took a close look at the PET scan results of Noah's brain he'd just requested and it was weird. There was nothing wrong that could've triggered his memory loss. He should be perfectly fine mentally but how? It was almost as if— without another word, he walked off to Noah's room. He was propped up as usual staring out the window.

"You're faking it, aren't you?" he accused blantantly.

"What?" Noah replied innocently adopting a confused look.

He chuckled "You never lost your memory. You remember everything, maybe even the accident."

"What makes you think..."

"Your PET Scan came out complete. There's nothing triggering your memory loss so what I want to understand now, Mr. Hedlund is why?"

Sighing heavily, he turned to look out the window again, "It's best this way"

"What do..."

"You're not to utter this to another soul. Trust me, I'd sue you for every penny you've got for breach of doctor-patient confidentiality."

"I'm not a therapist"

"Do you think I care. Look...Dr. Larsen, I like you. Don't let me the bad guy."

"I think you already are,Noah."Having said that, he left the room and Noah returned back to his previous stance. It wasn't long before Carla and Rosa entered. He looked over at them, a sense of guilt buiding up but he made sure it did not show on his face. He didn't say a word as they walked closer knowing that his voice may betray him.

"Noah?" Carla called cautiously and watched for any signs of recognition but there was none.

"Yes"

"You really don't remember us?"

Swallowing his last guilt, he shook his head and repeated his rehearsed answer "No, I don't but with the resemblance we bear, I'm guessing you're my family."