Untie Old Knots

The ultimatum Noah had given her was hard to choose, return with him to London or be prepared to go to court to fight for custody, something that could take months and a huge sum of money she didn't have. He had left later that night with a smug look she hated giving her just a week to decide. She sighed heavily in misery at her misfortune now. How she had made that man change no, control her life was beyond her.

He had a pretty lousy timing, just when she had decided to move on indefintely, he waltzed in to give her a silly ultimatum, expecting her to leave the life she had known and was content with, to play nanny to their kid in a somewhat strange land and to make matters worse, she was supposed to do so in a week. At that moment, all the love she had left for him turned into disdain. She heard her name being called from inside so she went in fully aware of what was about to transpire. Her parents were going to kill her. She took a deep breath and opened the door to face them.

"Sit!" Joycelyn said calmly which she did.

"So...the one night stand with a random guy was with the man you went to in UK?" Joe asked more as a statement. She meekly nodded unable to look them in the eyes. For the first time, she felt ashamed "So you lied to us"

"I'm sorry. I didn't think he would be relevant anymore." she replied sourly

"Anymore? He's here now threatening to take your child away from you. How irrelevant do you think he is now?" The sarcasm laced in his voice made her want to weep so bad but at this point, she doubted that would move them.

"I'm sorry, dad." she apologised for the umpteenth time that night.

"What are you going to do" he asked again.

She heaved "I... uh...I don't really know"

"I think you should fight for Benjie."

She shook her head fervently. There was no way that could go well for them."No, I don't think that's an option. That man is worth about 20 times of us and..."

"Is that why you slept with him in the first place?" Joycelyn interjected but immediately regretted it when she saw the look of shock and hurt in Adeline's eyes. "Ade..."

"No, it's fine." she tearfully begun " I guess I deserved that. Before I wondered why you guys let me off the hook so easily for getting pregnant but it seems you craftfully hid your resentments. I'm so sorry for being a huge disappointment to you. I really am." she stood up to leave but was stopped by Joe.

"Sit down, Ade. You don't get to be the one to get mad and walk out. Your mother didn't mean what she said. She is just as devastated as you so you better sit back down and let us resolve this problem."

        The next morning, Adeline got dressed but not for work. She had called in sick and luckily, her boss believed her. She got Benjie dressed as well but not for school either. She left the house but this time she didn't tell anyone where she was going. It was her mess and she was going to clean it up the best way she could. She picked a taxi and went to the Movenpick Hotel. She then paid the driver and walked into the huge hotel.

"Welcome to Movenpick! How may I help you,miss?" a young man behind the desk asked with a genuine smile.

"Hi, I need to see Mr. Noah Hedlund. I'm aware he is currently here."

"Do you know his room number?"

"Yeah, I think it's 965."

"Ok, let me check" he typed away on the monitor and looked back at her. "Yeah, it is his room.Does he know you are coming?"

"No, it's a surprise." She forced a smile and held Benjie's hand tighter.

"Okay! He hasn't checked out today so you're in luck however you need to put down your name please."