Late Confessions

The blaring of the phone so early in the morning made Noah groan in his sleep. He turned to look at the time and cursed, it was a little past six. He relunctantly pick his phone and answered. The sound of Adeline's voice jump started him and got him worried as well. She almost never called him.

"What is wrong?" he asked psyching himself to rush over to them.

"They know,Noah. The whole world knows now." she harshly begun "There are reporters outside right now throwing presumptuous accusations at me. They say I took advantage of you. Can you believe that?" her voice had gone soft and was tinged with hurt.

"I'm coming over." he said after she calmed.

"No! No! It'll only give them more news to run. Carla is trying to get rid of them. I just pray it works."

"What of Benjie?"

"He'll just have to stay home today." He went silent for awhile as if contemplating something.

"I'm sorry, Adeline." he apologised

"It's not your fault. It was bound to come out soon enough. I have to go, talk to you later okay." she said and hung up. Anger was seeping through him after. He had a nagging feeling that the reporters hadn't just chanced on this story. Someone, and it was evident he knew who, leaked it. He called Max and asked him to find out who first run the story. The tiredness from before was all gone as he got himself ready to go to work. He had made up his mind to get them a new place since the Aldywich residence had been compromised. He wasn't going to let them undergo the media's harsh scrutinity because of one jealous woman. By the time he got to work, Max and a bunch of reporters were already waiting for him at the entrance. They begun throwing questions at him and clicking away with their cameras. He had meant to ignore them but one question got him to stop

"What did you say?" he asked the young male reporter daring him to repeat himself.

"Did Miss. Quaye threaten your pregnant wife to destroy her marriage with you?" the man asked again.

"Where the bloody hell did that one come from and how did you know my wife was pregnant?"

"It's all over the news. So did she or did she not?" His suspicions had just been confirmed by this question and his aggitation grew more.

"Adeline has nothing to do with my marriage. She is a young, beautiful and talented woman who gave me a wonderful son. I was with her briefly long before I got married. I brought her here because I owe it to her to care for our son. She has done nothing to deserve this character defamation from you. Whoever's spinning this lies better end it because it's ruining her and my son and I won't hesitate to take legal action."

"Are you in love with her?" a voice asked from behind. They all turned to see Melanie walking up to him. She had baited him. He looked at her hard wanting so much to curse her out.

"Answer me, Noah. Do you love her?" The reporters were silent waiting for an answer. He swallowed hard narrowing his eyes at them and almost turning on his heel to walk away but he was tired, tired of hiding.

"Yes...I love her." he confessed and walked  away with Max tailing him. Melanie stood still not believing he had just admitted that in front of all these reporters. She was expecting him to deny it so Adeline would be crushed but there she was being bombarded with questions about how it felt to hear such a confession from her husband and if they were getting a divorce. She flipped and stormed off to her car.

   As Noah made his way to his office, he noticed the stares and whispers thrown his way and smirked. He suddenly felt relieved, so relieved he could scream on top of his voice. He thought admitting it was going to be hard but no, it was far too easy. As soon as he entered his office, his secretaries begun relaying messages from clients and investors but he was going to deal with that later. There was something more important.

"Sir..." Max begun but got cut off.

"Get me Mr.Burnan.I'm getting a divorce."

*******
"Can you believe that?" Melanie fumed as she paced back and forth in Eddie's office. He smirked and leaned on his desk.

"Well yeah, he has always been in love with her." he replied

"Wait, you knew?" she stared at him in disbelief

"He is my best friend so yes I knew. He married you out of spite and anger because she left him."

"And you didn't think to tell me?"

"No, it didn't cross my mind."

"It didn't cross your mind? Was it before or after you fucked me!" her voice was raised at that point

"Melanie!"

"What? You're a jerk!" She stormed out of his office feeling mad and vengeful. She drove home and took a long bath mumbling curses at both Noah and Eddie. Being pregnant was exhausting so she decided to sleep.

     It was dark when she woke up and silent. Dana had already prepared dinner and left for the night. She realised Noah wasn't back and guessed he was at Aldywich. Feeling defeated, she collapsed on the stairs crying. Life was being unfair to her she thought. Her husband was running to another woman and her lover was a lying jackass. After crying for about half an hour, she called her mum.

"Mel dear, I've been trying to reach all day." Eleanor, her mum, asked as soon as she answered

"I've lost him, Mum. I've completely lost him." she sobbed

"No! my darling. Don't say that."

"What else should I say? He admitted to everyone he was in love with...with that...ugh"

"Honey, you shouldn't just give up on your man. You must fight for your marriage. Let him see why he married you in the first place."

"Ha! He did not marry me because he loved me. He did it to get over her."

"Maybe, honey but at some point you guys were happy, right? Remind him of that after all he has an obligation to you and your baby."

"About that...the baby isn't his."

"What..." she listened quietly as her daughter recounted her love escapades with Eddie. She was silent for a liitle while as an idea formed in her head. "You are sure this Eddie won't say anything about it?"

"No, why?"

"You should take advantage of it then. Noah doesn't know the baby isn't his so you should use the media to garner sympathy. It will put pressure on him and the company as well. After all no one wants an irreponsible man as a president. Knowing Noah, he would try to save his company..."

"So he would've to stay with me! That's brilliant, mum."

"Of course..."

"Oh I gotta go. There's someone at the door. I love you."

"Love you more." She hung up and went to answer the door.

"What do you want?" she hissed at Eddie who only smirked and kissed her hard pushing his way inside.

"Noah could come home a few moments from now" she said in between kisses.

"We both know that won't be happening." he replied trailing kisses down her neck.

"Why's that?"

"He wants a divorce" 

—————————————————

So what do you guys think? don't you just love Eddie or nah...I know I do. Pls drop ur votes and comments. Thanks for reading...^_^