Resisting The Truth

"Wh...what...uhh...what're you doing here? How did you find my room number?" Adeline questioned all too quickly still in shock.

"You could ask one question at a time, you know. It makes it easier to answer." Noah replied in a cocky voice just fuelling her annoyance.

"What do you want, Mr. Hedlund?" she quipped folding her arms across her chest. Noah's eyes involuntarily followed her movement for a moment before looking up to her frowned face again.

"I came to see you." he stated seriously. All day he'd been thinking about her until it got to the point of frustration. It got worse after their dance. All he could think of since then was how good she would feel against him and all the things he would love to do to her. Her scent still lingered even after she left, driving him over the wall with need. It was these perverted thoughts that led him to her door. He knew she was attracted to him but was either in denial or playing hard to get. Either way he was up for the challenge. If Mohammed would not go to the mountain, he sure as hell would take him to it.

"What for?"

"Would you like to take a walk with me?"

She raised her brows in surprise at his request, "You came all the way to ask that?"

"No! I wanted to see you and I could also do with some fresh air so let's just say it's killing two birds with one stone."

"What do you really want from me, Mr. Hedlund? It's not as like we're close friends or anything."

"Could you please stop calling me that?"

"What?"

He rolled his eyes, "Mr. Hedlund. That's my dad. I...uh just want someone to talk to, okay and what better person than a complete stranger who isn't ogling me for my money or fame, right?"

She watched him intently battling herself on whether she should go or not. He looked sincere and like he had some things he wanted to get off his chest. She heaved her shoulders in surrender, "Wait for me." She went inside and threw on a gray t-shirt over her black pyjamas pants before heading back out.

"Ready?" he asked to which she nodded. They walked out the hotel into the calm warm night.

"So what's your story?" she asked after awhile breaking the silence.

He turned to her with a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"Tell me about yourself. I mean what makes you so damn perfect?"

"What's there to tell really when it's all in the news."

"Well I haven't read the news." He stopped in his tracks and stared weirdly at her. She laughed and shrugged, "Okay, maybe a little"

"I bet you've googled me, didn't you?" he smirked.

"Yeah but that was after I met you. Honestly until this trip, I had never heard of you."

He raised a brow in surprise. He sometimes prided himself in being well known "Really!"

"Yeah! I'm more of a movie celebrities fan girl. Ask me anything about Grant Gustin and you can get me talking for days."

"Who is Grant Gustin?"

"My favourite actor." she gushed

"Okay, so what did Google say about me?"

"Oh nothing much, just the obvious ones of course."

"Which are..." he asked genuinely interested.

"Well that you are a cocky, arrogant..."

"Wait...what?" The look on his face was priceless that she couldn't help but laugh. He looked like he actually believed it.

"You should've seen your face..." she remarked after calming down. "Now let's hear it."

"What?"

"Your story, of course. Google isn't always right, you know."

He chuckled, "What do you want to know then?"

"Anything is fine." He looked up into the starry night before he begun recounting some bits of his life. He had an older sister who was married and lived in Japan with her husband. He paused for a moment and turned to look at her. She seemed to be paying attention to what he was saying. He smiled and continued. "Wow, you really are great." she said with utmost admiration laced in her voice when he ended with some of his attained feats which was quite many for someone his age.

His cheeks turned slightly red which was unusual for him. He was used to compliments on a daily basis but for some reason, this was the first time he had truly taken it to heart. "Thanks, I guess. It's your turn now."

"Me? There's nothing interesting about me." They'd gotten to a playground and sat on one of the benches. The place was dimly lit giving it a romantic feel.

"I'd still like to know anyway. I don't get the privilege of asking Google like you did."

She slid her hand down her arm and begun, "Well my name's Adeline Quaye and I'm I9..."

"Wait...you're 19?" he interrupted with a perplexed look.

"Yeah..."

"But how..."

"Internship."

"Oh..." he went silent and allowed her continue though he half listened. This changed things a bit for him. She was about 10 years younger than he was. It sort of brought some things to perspective about why she acted like that around him. She basically was still a girl, a very attractive one as such. Any other person he would've hightailed out of there and dissipate any ideas of them getting anywhere but she was proving not to be any other person, considering the illicit desires she ignited in him and for this, he was going to break his norm. He gave her his full attention again just in time to hear her end. "What are your future plans?"

"I would love to work for UN someday but for now I have to finish school..."

"I wish you the best then." She smiled and thanked him. They fell into comfortable silence staring into the starry night each caught in their own thoughts. Noah turned to look intently at her face as she looked up. Her wild hair was held up in a bun allowing him full view. She had dark brows which were actually her own and not drawn and long lashes. The ridge of her pointed nose dipped to join her full lips. His eyes lingered a little longer on her lips yearning to know how it would taste like. He wanted her so much and to make a move he needed to confirm something. "Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked casually.

She turned to him allowing the weight of his words sink in before answering, "No, I don't. Do you? Have a girlfriend I mean..."

"No, I don't either."

"Why..."

He cocked his brows "Why?"

"Yeah, you're really handsome and a millionaire. You could have your pick of any woman even members of the royal family so why are you still single?"

"Maybe but I'm not interested in any of them." He shrugged in amusement.

"You'd pass up a princess? What are you interested in then?"

"You..." he confessed and watched the baffled expression cloud her face. He shifted closer to her and caressed her face gently. He leaned in until the tip of their noses touched. Her eyes were shut and breath held. He took that as approval and pressed his lips against hers. It felt really good as his mouth moved beneath hers softly so as not to scare her away .She was slow to follow onto the kiss but soon she picked up allowing him full access as their tongues teased and danced fervently. Her hand had found its way into his hair tugging softly at the roots as the kiss got deeper. She tasted like chocolate of the sweetest kind and he just couldn't get enough. Suddenly he felt her stiffen and pulled away from the kiss with a disturbed look.

"I...uh...I have to go" she stuttered and stood abruptly. She hurriedly stalked out of the playground in the direction they'd come from. Noah watched her leave bringing his hands to graze his lips. He could still literally taste her and it was something he didn't think he would get over anytime soon. He laughed amused by the fact she wanted him as bad as he did her.