Memories Unseen

"Your grandmother is here, sir" Tori announced when Noah got to her. He was from a meeting and was hoping for some alone time. All the same he burst into his office with a wide smile.

"Grams" he greeted cheerfully.

"Look at you, my boy. You look hideous" she countered making him smile.

"I missed you too" he took a seat across her

"You've been working yourself to death, haven't you?"

"Grams..."

"And your wife has been letting you. I need to talk to her."

"Grams, don't pick on her please and I'm fine"

"Boy, you wouldn't know what fine is if it hit you in the face." He smirked and got up to sit beside her.

"Really, I am fine and you always think I look terrible"

"Of course that's because you're not eating well."

"I do" Just then Melanie walked in holding a food basket.

"Noah, I brou...oh Rosa! You're here" she begun

"Yeah, I am" the older lady replied her pleasant demenour waning a little. It was no secret she didn't like Melanie.

"It's nice to see you"

"Yeah, likewise. Well I'm going to go now." she said as she stood up.

"Already?" Noah said looking increduously at her.

"Yeah, you know your grandfather can't do without me for a day."

"Okay,  say hi to him for me and I would be visting soon."

"Of course."

"Have a safe trip back home" Melanie added

"Sure." Noah walked her to the elevator while Melanie waited behind. "Take care of yourself, okay"

"Yes grams." he gave her a hug before she entered the elevator. He returned to his office and saw Melanie had laid a few dishes out. He smiled as he walked over to sit by her.

"You know you shouldn't have done this." he playfully scolded.

"Oh please, it's my duty as your wife to feed you"

"Haha, my grams doesn't think you're doing that."

"Well Rosa thinks I'm not doing a lot of things." A sad look crossed her face as she said this. They've been married for three years and she hadn't been able to concieve. They had gone to see a doctor and he had said everything was fine with them and that it was a matter of patience. Honestly her patience was thinning out and so was Noah's grandmother's.

"Here" Noah said sticking a forkful of his pasta in her mouth. She smiled as she ate it. She was really grateful for him most times. He seemed to love her now than when they first got married.

"I'm such a good cook, aren't I?" she playfully bragged earning a scoff from him.

"Yeah right, you almost burned down the house last week."

"That wasn't my fault"

"Then whose was it and don't you dare say it was Dani" she fell into laughter and he soon joined.

After his lunch, she gathered everything back into the basket.

"See you at home" she said as she retreated but he pulled her back. "Noah!" He smirked and kissed her neck.

"See you at home." he lustfully replied. She playfully hit him and pulled out of his embrace. She grabbed her bag and walked out of his office swaying her hips. He chuckled and went back to his desk.

*******

"Do you have to go?" Melanie whined as she sat up naked on the bed. Noah walked out of their bathroom adjusting his tie. He smirked when he saw her face.He went over bending to kiss her. She wrapped her arms around his neck deepening kiss. He relunctantly pulled away.

"I have to go, Mel." he said with a tinge of regret. She pouted and he gave her a quick kiss on the lips and walked away.

"I'll see you next week." he called out to her. He had a business trip to New York for a week. It was about a partnership with an advertising firm. He called Max who was to meet him at the airport. He was going with his private jet. He got to the airport half an hour later and joined Max to board the plane. He looked out the window taking in the sight, his mind drifting off. A familiar song begun playing and turned to see the source.

"I'm sorry, sir." Max apologised turning it down

"No, let it play" he countered. Max turned the volume up, the song being the only sound to be heard. He remembered clearly Adeline saying it was her favourite song, Beating Heart by woman named Ellie... well he couldn't remember last name except it had to do with gold. He smiled at the memory of her holding a hair brush singing along. She had been jumping around on his bed

...And I don't know where I'm going

but I know it's gonna be a long time

And I'll be leaving in the morning

Come the white wine bitter sunlight

Wanna hear your beating heart

Tonight

Before the bleeding sun comes to live

I want to make the best of what is left,

Hold tight...

It had become a painful memory for him, one he couldn't forget no matter how hard he tried. Sighing, he tried to tune the song out and think of his wife instead, a task he had difficulty in doing. They got to New York seven hours later. They made their way to Baccarat Hotel where they would be staying. After settling in, the two gentlemen went out to have dinner. As they waited for their food to arrive, they both got preoccupied on their phones. Just then, Max let out a laugh.

"What is it?" Noah asked curiously. He was already bored with what he was reading.

"It's a funny video on facebook" Max replied.

"Oh ok, come to think of it I don't have a facebook account."

"Really?" There was shock on Max's face.

"Yeah, didn't think it was neccessary."

"Give me your phone"

"For what?"

"I'm creating a facebook account for you." He obediently gave his phone to him and watched as his assistant set to work.

"Here, all done" Max said handing the phone back to him. "You can check it out when you get to your room"

"Ok." their food was brought in and they ate in silence. They retired to their respective rooms which was opposite each other. Noah called Melanie and took a shower after. Having nothing to do, he decided to browse around facebook. He begun searching for random stuff even searching for himself. He found the numerous fan pages of him amusing. Just then, something hit him. He typed Adeline's name in the search box. A few results came up. He clicked on the first one and instantly froze when it opened. It was indeed her account. She looked so lovely in the profile picture but that's not what caught his eye. It was the little light skinned green eyed boy she was carrying. That boy looked so familiar, that boy was him.