Craving More

"Is that all for today?" she asked her study group. They had been assigned together to work on an end of year presentation for class.

"No, we've only been here an hour." one member remarked. She looked at her watch and realized he was right. She felt like she'd been seated there for hours and felt frustrated. Why was time moving so slowly? She could feel a headache coming on already.

"Adeline!" another member called and she looked at her only to find a frown etched on her face. "Are you even paying attention?"

She was about to respond when she felt the taste of strong bile spill into her mouth. She was going to throw up. She stood abruptly from her chair and ran into the bathroom just in time to let out her breakfast. She continued this until there was nothing left to throw out. She groaned as she got up and walked to the sink. She didn't feel so good and was very annoyed. She cleaned up and walked back to her group. She excused herself with a promise to make it up to them and left for her room. Luckily, the others weren't around so she have a few hours of peaceful sleep before her next class at two o'clock. She laid on her bed, reading a book. It wasn't long before sleep took over her.

There was a lot of shuffling noises, enough to wake her from her slumber. She opened her eyes to see Eli fumbling with plastic bags.

"Did I wake you up?" she asked apologetically and Adeline just shook her head.

"It's fine. What's the time?" she asked wiping the last remnants of sleep from her eyes.

"1: 45? Oh my God, I'm going to be late." Her eyes grew wide and she jumped out of bed frantically searching for her sandals. She grabbed her bag and ran out of the room. It took 15 minutes to get to the lecture hall and their lecturer was a strict man who hated tardiness. With a strength and speed she didn't know she possessed, she got to class just in time with a minute to spare. She sighed in relief and took a seat in the middle. The stout man who lectured them entered with his grimaced face and begun class.

An hour and a half later, much to her relief, the class ended because the lecturer had a meeting. The class in an effort to pretend they were sad waited till he left the class before bursting into cheers. They gathered around, talking loudly to the people next to them. It annoyed the hell out of Adeline because they were blocking her path. She was tired and annoyed as she pushed her way through the crowded hall. She unfortunately stepped on someone's foot and turned to apologize immediately. Instead a frown, the guy sported a smile, a very mesmerizing one as such.

"I'm sorry!" she apologized and turned to leave but he held on to her arm. She looked down at his hand then up at him again. He caught the slight frown and moved his arm.

"I'm sorry." He apologized this time, "I'm Ben."

She contemplated not telling him but he looked friendly enough, "Adeline."

"Adeline... that's a nice name." he said nodding slightly. She wanted to roll her eyes but refrained from it. "Where are you headed?"

"Home" she passively answered. She was beginning to feel irritated. He should thank God he was really handsome, she thought. Otherwise she would've walked out on him long before.

"Can I walk with you?" he offered and she just nodded. He smiled cheerfully and they began walking away from the lecture hall. "So this is your 3rd year?" he asked after a while and she just nodded. He chuckled, "You don't talk much, do you?"

She looked up his face for a brief moment before looking away. "Depends"

"On what?"

"If I'm in the mood." She turned to him again to see if he was offended but he still had that smirk on his face.

"I see... Maybe I can get you in the mood. Let's say if I can get you to say more by the time we get to your apartment, you...give me your number?" She laughed and took him up on his wager, determined not to let him win.

She lost the wager. She had not only talked more but laughed as well. He was a really funny guy. She was even unhappy when they got to her apartment. "This is me." she said gesturing to the building.

"It's cool. Anyway about my reward, I won fair and square..." he said flashing a boyish grin. He gave her his phone and she dialed her number before returning it. Her phone began ringing and she dug into her bag for it. He took a picture of her and smiled mischievously when she looked up.

"What?" She eyed him suspiciously but he just shrugged.

"Nothing. Well this is my number. Make sure to save it and for the bonus of making you laugh all the way here, call me first."

"You're really funny."

"Yeah. I plan on being a comedian someday... You should go inside now"

She found herself not wanting to go but she had to if the grumble in her tummy was anything to heed to. "Thanks for walking me home."

"You're welcome. Make sure to call." She laughedat his silliness and made her way inside. He watched her disappear in thedistance before retracing his steps to where he really needed to be.

She sauntered to her room, walking in on Eli and her boyfriend, Kevin engaged in a heated make out session. She scrunched her face in disgust and turned her back on them. "Can't you guys do this somewhere or maybe even lock the door?"

"Shut up!" Eli retorted, "You can turn now, Miss I've never kissed a boy before." She chuckled and made her way towards her bed.

Kevin stood up from the bed abruptly and they both looked at him, "I'm going to go." he announced.

"Okay, bye!" Adeline replied with a forced smile. He smiled back and walked out the room with Eli. She let out a soft sigh and climbed into bed. She suddenly wasn't in a good mood anymore. Seeing them had brought back memories she was trying to bury. She missed Noah a lot, much more than she should. Sighing once more, she got up and pulled out the bag of chips she had kept in her bag. She went over to their kitchen and sprinkled salt on them before climbing back in bed again. Lately, she had to add salt to either biscuits or chips before she could eat them. It was weird but she seemed to crave it. Moments later, Eli returned with Besty, arguing loudly over something and it was getting her really irritated.

"Please shut up!" she snapped and they fell silent immediately with incredulous looks. "Sorry!"

"Is something wrong, Addie?" Besty asked, her motherly instincts kicking in. She caressed her hands coaxing her to talk. Eli watched on with concern as well.

"No, I'm fine." she lied.

"Are you eating chips with salt again?" she pulled the bag away from her but she only whisked it back.

"They're not salty enough." she said taking a handful of the chips and stuffed it into her mouth. "I want to sleep for a while so please don't shout okay."

"Okay!" She turned her back to them oblivious to the looks they exchanged.

—————————————————

Thanks for reading...^_^