Can't Make Me?

"Okay, dad. I will. Take care." She said to her dad and hung up turning to Peter who had made himself comfortable on her bed. He had come to invite her to go swimming but she refused opting for the spa instead.

He wasn't happy about it and tried to persuade her, "How can you reject the feel of cool fresh clean water over dirty mud. Just what can mud do for you?" he said trying to make his case but she just chuckled at his ignorance.

"I'm not going swimming, Peter. You can go with Aaron or even Mr. Hayford. I know he won't say no to spending the day in cool fresh water with his assistant." She mocked and burst into laughter at the scrunched up look he wore.

"Oh come on, Adeline. You know you could get lots and lots of mud back at home for free."

"Yeah and so are there lots and lots of pools. I could go swimming whenever I want when we return but a spa day in a five star hotel? Now that's a chance I can't pass up. God knows I can't afford the one at Movenpick." She had walked into the bathroom and struggled to get a bottle from the top shelf of the cabinet.

"Here, let me help." She heard Peter say from behind her reaching to take the said bottle. She could feel his body heat radiate off him as he pressed her softly against the sink. He moved back a little and she turned to accept the bottle thanking him. He smiled cheekily but didn't step away. He narrowed his eyes and closed the gap he'd created before. Suddenly the once huge bathroom felt so small. Adeline dared to look up to him and saw something in his eyes. Something she was familiar with because she'd seen it a couple of times...in Noah's eyes. When this begun she didn't know but she wasn't about to let it become more complicated. She needed to come up with an escape plan and fast.

"I think I hear Aaron calling. Don't you?" she lied and managed to slip away from that awkward situation. She walked to the threshold of the door and turned back to see him compose himself.

"Uh...no!"

"You need to get your ears cleaned." she joked and walked further into the room creating the needed distance between them. She liked Peter. He was nice and a great guy but too serious for her and besides how would it look to the others if she began dating her superior? She believed if she kept telling herself that, it could actually become the real reason for not considering him. "My spa appointment starts soon so we need to leave. You could come with me if you want." She offered playfully knowing he would reject it and she was right.

"No thanks! Men don't do spas." he said with a tinge of pride. They made their way to the lobby arguing about what it meant to be a man. They parted ways and she went to the spa. A lady with fiery red hair stood behind the counter with a smile when she entered.

"Hi, I made a reservation here under the name Adeline Quaye." she said after exchanging pleasantries. The lady whose name tag read Quinn typed away on her computer and looked again.

"You signed up for the massage, mud bath and sauna." she read from the screen to which Adeline nodded. "Come with me." She was led to an empty room with a massage table in the middle. There were candles everywhere giving the room a very serene atmosphere. "You can change in there and a masseuse will be here shortly. With that, she left.

Adeline entered the room and took off her clothes slipping on the robe provided. She stepped back into the room sat on the table waiting. A young beautiful light skinned woman entered with the warmest smile.

"Hi, I'm Nina!" she greeted cheerfully. Adeline couldn't help but adopt her bubbly attitude. She was made to lie on the table with her face facing the ground. They entered into a conversation and talked about everything under the sun that before she knew it, her massage was finished. She thanked Nina and headed for the mud bath. She wore the bikini she'd purchased in the swimwear store and entered the pool of mud covering her eyes with slices of cucumber. She completely relaxed and allowed the mud work its magic.