Giving In

"Adeline! Hey wake up!" Peter nudged her but she mumbled incoherently and turned away from him burying her head deeper in the pillow. He chuckled and pulled the comforter off her. She jolted up immediately trying to blink away the sleep.

"Please let me sleep" she pleaded and fell back onto the bed.

"No, you've slept enough."

No, I haven't, she thought. She had lain awake for hours after she came back from the playground the night before. That kiss plagued her the entire night.

"Adeline!"

"Huh..." she stared blankly at him wondering if he had said something to her.

"Get ready. We're going sightseeing today." he stated with a level of finality in his voice. She just groaned and sat up again.

"Can't you guys go without me?" He threw an incredulous look her way. She was the one who had been looking forward to this all week and now she was willing to pass it up? He sensed something was off.

He sat beside her with the air of a concerned parent, "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think you would be so passive about this if everything was fine. So tell me, are you really okay?"

"I'm fine, Peter. I'm just a little tired, that's all."

"I don't believe that but I'm not going to push you to tell me either. You can rest for a little while. We can go when you awake."

"Thanks and really, there's nothing wrong." He nodded and left her room. She lay back on the bed but sleep had evaded her. Her mind kept wondering about Noah and what he could be doing. Was he thinking about her as well or was she just another conquest. She groaned in frustration and dragged herself out of bed. The idea of touring suddenly seemed a great way to escape her thoughts.

London was a beautiful city, they had to admit. Adeline together with Peter and Aaron roamed around taking pictures of significant sights. They had just boarded a double decker bus making their way up to the upper section. This way they could see the city in motion. They had fun videoing the entire journey to Trafalgar Square where they got off to find a decent place to eat. Adeline spotted an Italian restaurant across the street and squealed in excitement. She managed to convince Peter to let them eat there, Aaron not so much but he tagged along anyway. They were ushered to an empty table.

"This is my first time in an Italian restaurant but I hear their food is superb." she confessed.

"So you dragged us in here for an experiment." Aaron quipped slightly not amused.

"What would you like to order please." a young man asked putting a stop to the banter about to occur. The boys turned to Adeline.

"Well you pick since you seem to know so much about Italian food." He added earning an eye roll. With a sweet smile, she turned to the waiter.

"Can we have the menu please? This is our first time." she requested. The waiter smiled and handed each a menu helping them with suggestions. In the end, they settled on three orders of cotoletta and a bowl of panzanella with black chili sauce. The waiter returned later with a bottle of red wine.

"It's on the house." he said as he poured each a glass. They thanked him and enjoyed the wine while waiting for their food. Their food was served after awhile and each had a different expression at the sight of the food.

"You really expect me to eat this? Aaron snorted with a look of pure horror. It annoyed Adeline to bits but she made sure not to show.

"Just eat, Aaron!" Peter reprimanded. He fell silent and cut a piece of the steak into his mouth. The others watched him expectantly. After the second bite, they knew he loved it. They began eating with a better mood than before. When they were finished, the waiter who gave his name as Greg came up to them with an expectant look.