13

*Leighton's POV*

"Good morning Leigh!" I heard Aaliyah call out once she opened my door.

"It's like 6am, why are you up? You're not a morning person" I laughed, pausing my YouTube video.

"I had to pee!" Aaliyah declared, climbing back into my bed, stealing my blankets.

"Dude!" I yelled, tugging my blanket back.

Aaliyah had spent the night last night since it had gotten so late, which meant I had to share a bed with her, which also meant I slept on the edge of MY BED with little to no blankets.

"What are you doing?" She asked, snuggling into my bed and getting way too comfy for my liking.

"Watching videos about the difference between a midwife and a doula"

"A what?"

"Exactly" I laughed, snuggling into my best friend and propping up my phone.

Aaliyah and I laid in bed for a while, watching some YouTube videos about it.

Are vaginal exams different from like pap smears versus like.. baby ones?" She asked and I laughed, shrugged.

"I mean, I think having any stranger look at your downstairs area is weird, but I've heard that over time you get used to it. It happens a lot during the appointments"

I was currently waiting for the text from my dad that would tell me visiting hours were open again, which meant I had time to kill.

I didn't have to work today, which honestly just made waiting feel even longer.

Around 7am, Aaliyah was fast asleep next to me while I continued to watch videos, trying to grasp every straw possible. I was definitely overwhelmed at the idea of planning a birthing plan. I couldn't even figure out what I wanted for dinner most days, and I have to figure out how I want to bring a child into this world?

I always thought they planned it for you. That you went to the hospital and followed their lead, but I was the boss? I was supposed to do this? I was supposed to pick vaginal, cesarean, water birth, home birth? If I even wanted a home or hospital birth, if I wanted to give birth at a birthing center with a midwife. There were a thousand options that no one told me about, and I felt like my head was spinning.

When I walked downstairs to make breakfast, some random girl was sitting on the barstool.

"Good morning!" She said cheerily and for some reason her voice irked me.

Like my annoyance level just skyrocketed the second she opened her mouth.

I've heard enough from her as it is.

"Morning" I mumbled, pulling out some fruit and yogurt, grabbing a cutting board.

Whilst I was slicing strawberries, my bladder decided I needed to pee, and I needed to pee now.

I dropped the knife and bolted towards the bathroom.

"Jesus Christ" I breathed out, my bladder relieving itself.

God this was going to suck. 

I tugged my hoodie back down, and going back to making my breakfast and annoying me even more, the person was still there.

"Good Morning Leighton!" I heard Sam's voice call out, making me turn around.

"Morning" I mumbled, throwing my sliced strawberries into my bowl that had some yogurt in it, quickly slicing a banana and an apple, throwing those in as well.