30

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of drugs, rehabilitation, overdose, miscarriage, pregnancy medical disorders + scares,

*talk of miscarriage, no fatality, no drug use*

I.E all the triggers have to do with verbal mention. 0 action taken!

Colby isn't really in this chapter because the focus shouldn't be on him right now. Sorry if that bugs you, but we are going to figure out wtf is up with our MC ;)

Friendly reminder that just because it is a fictional character doesn't mean they aren't real emotions. Be kind. You never know who's reading.

For bonding, be ready for the next chapter ;)

*Leighton's POV*

Waking up in the hospital, yet again, was extremely frustrating.

Every time I woke up, it was chaotic. There were people and doctors everywhere, a million sounds filling my head, and more than one voice asking me questions.

Next to me was Gabriel, my dad, two nurses and my OBGYN. Dr. Hughes was holding a clipboard, seeming to be reading some sort of chart whilst Gabriel handed me a glass of water, holding the straw still.

My body was aching as I slowly sipped the water, Gabe's hand holding my own as my dad's hand was on the hospital bed behind my head.

"Okay Leighton, I would like to read my chart to you to make sure we have everything. You've been to a few different doctors during your pregnancy, so I just like to make sure I have everything here" She explained and I nodded.

She read things off such as my passing out in the hospital lobby, dizziness, the abdominal and back pain, high blood pressure, low iron count, my past drug use and making sure I wasn't taking anything now, which did lead to a drug test.

They did a blood draw before sending me off to do the drug test. I peed in the little cup, and they were testing for drugs, protein and something else I couldn't remember. I was too focused on crying over having to take a drug test, then listening to their concerns and what they wanted to test for.

A nurse stood outside my bathroom door whilst I peed in the cup, and when I handed the nurse my cup of urine, my tears fell harder.

Gabe crouched down in front of me, wiping tears off my face. "You need to calm down Leigh. If you know you're clean, this shouldn't be a problem" He told me quietly and I just kept crying.

"That's not the problem! It's the fact that no one thinks I can stay clean!" I cried and Gabe shook his head.

"Leigh, they're just making sure. A lot of people lie about it" He told me and I frowned, "Do you believe me?" I asked and he was quiet for a moment and I just sobbed. "See!" 

"That's not it, Leigh. I'm just concerned. It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I know you"

"What is that supposed to mean!" I cried and he shook his head.

"Leighton, you've been struggling lately, and telling no one!" 

"I'm doing my best!" I cried and he nodded.

"I know, but you're not supposed to be alone. You know I love you, and I hate seeing you like this. The more you show someone you're not lying, the quicker they will believe you next time. Anytime a professional knows you've done drugs in the past, it raises concern" He told me and I nodded, running my hands through my dirty hair. "Leighton, I'm seeing signs" he spoke softly and my face scrunched up, my heart racing.

"Signs of what?"

"Leighton"

"SIGNS OF WHAT!" I shouted and he backed up.