16

*Leighton's POV*

"You want to do what?" She asked and I just cried harder, the emotional defeat making me feel physically fatigued.

"I can't do it" I cried and dropped my phone on the comforter, covering my face with my hands as my heart raced.

"You can do it Leigh! Stop lying to yourself! You're thinking irrationally" She shouted through the phone and I just cried harder "This is the most rational thinking I've done since last year Aaliyah! I can't do it. I can't have my baby suffer!" I covered my face in my hands, my nose starting to drip making me gag.

I quickly got out of bed, rushing to the bathroom and throwing up in the toilet before grabbing a Kleenex and wiping my nose and throwing it away.

"Your baby won't suffer Leigh!" she yelled, sounding muffled. "Leighton, are you okay?!" Aaliyah called out and I sighed, flushing the toilet and washing my hands. I brushed my teeth and sat back down on the bathroom floor, my stomach feeling queasy.

I sat there for a moment before getting up and going back to my phone, only to be surprised as I saw tears fall down Aaliyah's face.

"Why are you crying?" 

"I hate seeing you hurt Leighton" She sighed, wiping at her cheeks.

"I'm okay" I reassured and she shook her head. "You're trying your best and it still isn't good enough! I don't want you to give up your baby Leighton. You've wanted this baby since the moment you found out about it, you can't just give it to someone else!" She cried and watching her cry made me cry.

"I can't afford this baby. It would be selfish to put a baby through this, if I can give them to someone better" I tried to explain, but she just shook her head "Leighton there is no one better than their own mother"

"I'm useless if I can't feed them, put clothes on their back and give them a good home" I whispered, and I clutched my boobs making Aaliyah look at me weirdly. "They fucking hurt" I grumbled and she just started laughing which made me crack a smile and start to giggle.

"I'm sorry you're going through this Leighton" Aaliyah said softly, frowning.

"They say children are the best birth control. I say pregnancy is the best birth control. I never want to do this ever again, and the hard part hasn't even started" I muttered, my boobs still hurting.

"Why do your boobs hurt?" She asked and I sighed dramatically, letting go of my chest.

"They're growing to hold the milk to feed the baby, so they hurt like a bitch on and off throughout pregnancy and I read that some people start leaking before the baby is even born" I informed and he made a grossed out face.

"Leaking? Your boobs leak?" She asked, and I laughed, nodding. "If you don't pump or feed the baby, they get too full and hurt and leak. You have to wear these like nipple patches to hold back the milk from leaking through your shirt, otherwise you'll have these like wet spots on your shirt, around your nipples" I giggled at the end, smiling at how she was interested in how my pregnancy was going.

She showed more interest in my pregnancy than the baby daddy did, which honestly made me quite nervous for how this relationship of co-parenting was going to go.

I had to remind myself that Gabe was trying, and did ask sometimes how things were going.. it's just that he is so busy with work that I think he sometimes forgets..

"I'm glad that when I'm on my period and my boobs hurt, they aren't leaking" She joked and I cracked a smile, nodding in agreement.

It was quiet for a minute and I pulled out the peppermint oil from my bedside drawer, rubbing some of it on my wrists and sniffing it to calm down my tummy.