26

I keep forgetting to tell y'all lol but I finally made a Sam and Colby fanpage on Instagram! It is linked in my bio but it's just samandcolbygallery lol 

I'm trying to keep these fun and light hearted, because I write a lot of drama and sometimes you just need some chapters that are some good ol' fun fluff. So this vacation is kind of that.. but you just wait till we get home ;)

*Colby's POV*

"Good morning" I mumbled, messing with my hair as I entered the kitchen.

"Good morning Colby! Would you mind waking Leighton? We made French Toast!" Her Aunt Ginger motioned to the plate, Cynthia filling dog bowls making a clatter sound echo throughout the kitchen.

I walked down the hall, looking at the family photos that lined the walls before reaching the guest room she was staying in. I knocked on the door but got no reply, so I walked into the room to see her snuggled into the blankets, fast asleep.

It felt weird to look at her sleeping. She was always awake before I was, so I've never just stumbled across her sleeping.

Even when she would go take naps, she was always in her room, so walking in here to see her passed out felt like I was intruding on a personal moment.

I lightly touched her shoulder, not sure how to wake her up without scaring her.

"Leigh?" I spoke and saw no movement.

"Leighton?" I tried again, shaking her shoulder lightly and I watched her eyes open and she scrunched her face up, hiding her face in the blanket.

"Go away" She grumbled, turning her head away from me.

"I can't. I was told to wake you" I laughed and she grumbled something I couldn't make out. "They made French Toast" I told her and she slowly sat up, pulling the comforter to her chest.

"Can you hand me the bottle on the dresser?" She asked and I reached over and grabbed it.

"What are those?" 

"Vitamins. I take the prenatal at bedtime but I take these in the morning. You're supposed to take prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach, so my doctor recommended it at bedtime. These are just daily ones I gotta take to stay healthy" She popped open the bottle, taking out a couple pills of different things.

"Can you toss me those socks from the dresser?" She pointed to where I had gotten the pill bottle from.

"Why are you putting socks on?"

"Their floors are cold as hell" She grumbled and she slipped her legs out of the comforter to put on the ankle socks.

She was wearing an oversized t-shirt and socks now and I watched her get up and reach for sweatpants. 

I left the room for her to get dressed, feeling kind of awkward about watching her put on sweatpants.

Leighton walked into the kitchen and I couldn't help but smile at how Leighton dropped down to her knees to give the younger dog attention.

"Good morning Dakota!" She loved up on the dog as I was handed a plate. 

"Are you guys taking the dogs out today or is Garret taking them today?" Aunt Ginger asked Melissa and Leighton.

"I'm taking Bentley with me to pick up Lincoln from the airport" Melissa spoke up and Leighton turned to look over at me "Well, we could take the dogs to that hike trail that goes to the barn?" Leighton suggested and her aunt's eyes widened.

"You want to go to that rusty dusty crusty barn?" She asked and my ears perked up.

"I want to go to the rusty dusty crusty barn" I chuckled at the adjectives, feeling excitement surge through my body at the idea of an adventure.