29

*There is some "mature" talk in the texts! You've been warned!* - dirty jokes 

I wrote texts like you'd see them on your phone. So the right side of the texts are who you're texting, the left side of the text is you texting them. It should make sense as you're reading if you visualize how you look at texts.

ICYMI: I put out a Colby & Leighton One Shot book, view "L&C One Shots!" chapter under the Welcome chapter, or view the book on my page to know more!

*Leighton's POV*

It was July 4th weekend, and on the 4th I turned exactly 18 weeks pregnant which was scary to think about.

The night before we left Minnesota, I was on the phone with Gabriel and we had decided to cancel our appointment for the Amniocentesis. Gabe was very nervous for it due to researching how it can cause miscarriage and uterus infections, plus in some cases the baby had been injured due to careless doctors. 

The testing is for genetic disorders, but we figured we'd rather be safer than sorry, and if our baby was born with some sort of disorder, we would handle it the best we could, but we didn't want to have a needle shoved into my stomach, and possibly cause miscarriage, infection and or injury, no matter how low the rate was

When I got back from my birthday getaway, life started to hit me once again. I was grateful for the time I had to get away, but I wish I could've stayed their for eternity.

The rest of that week we went fishing, and swimming and hung out with my extended family, taking Sam and Kat to Mall Of America. It was just nice to hang out in a place I loved with the people I loved, but the second we got back on that plane, it was like reality slapped me in the face.

That next week I had an interview for the art job, I had apartment hunting, and I had to sit down with Gabriel and have some tough talks for our baby. 

Things like his new girlfriend have now come into view, and godparents, middle names and even how we are going to plan our nurseries. 

I felt like I never had enough time, even if I was still more than halfway to go until the baby was born.

My worst fear was for the baby to be born early, and I was in complete and utter panic by not being prepared.

I at least wanted to figure out the name, if not the nursery.

I was nowhere near the nesting phase, but I was in the phase of What If's.

I was actually getting ready to film a video with Sam before I was off to my parents house. I put on some light makeup, brushing my hair and letting it cascade down my back, throwing on a baggy tee and leggings, wanting to be comfy.

 I put on some light makeup, brushing my hair and letting it cascade down my back, throwing on a baggy tee and leggings, wanting to be comfy

A/N: Actual bump size, just a little bit smaller. First baby bumps are normally on the small side.

I landed the art job which was exciting because it made it so I could finally sign a lease. I actually was able to find a nice apartment, but I had to have my dad on as a dependent in case I couldn't pay rent, but the thought of finally being closer to being fully independent felt really good.