Blackmail Always Keeps You Safe

Abrelle's POV 

"I'm more than helping," Macy explains. "I'm the one who found the person who's going to tell you what happened to your dad."

"Okay," I take a step back suddenly feeling overwhelmed. "What the hell is going on?" 

Why the hell would I trust Macy? I mean she's the reason Elliot had to leave for England. 

"Do you trust me Abrelle?" Elliot asks and I stay still for a few seconds. 

I say I trust him, I mean I have to trust him. Yet, I haven't said a word about what his father told me two weeks ago. 

"Explain what is happening here Stone," I say, not wanting to tell him I trust him if that's not entirely true. I can see that my response hurts him and Macy seems slightly annoyed. 

"I trust her," he says and I can tell he's sincere. "I'm not asking you to trust her. Shit, I don't even care if you like her, but I do need you to listen to what she has to say. Please."

"Fine," I say as I take a seat in one of the chairs near the reception. "But I want to know how you found this person. "

"I was looking through my Father's files on his desk," Macy takes a seat next to me. "I was hoping to find something incriminating or some kind of evidence to point towards his involvement in all of this. Instead, I found a file with a photo and a name on it. I did research and I found out that he was the coroner that dealt with your father's passing." 

"Right," I nod. "So you found him and he's going to tell us everything?" 

"No," she shakes her head. "I couldn't find him, but I did find a woman who was his intern at the time. I talked to her and what she told me was surprising. Abrelle you really want to hear it from her, not me." 

Damn, why would I trust Macy? I mean, how do I know that she isn't making this all up to get at me? 

Or how do I know that she isn't involved in the whole thing? 

"Just talk to her," Macy says and I try to see in her eyes if she's being honest, but I can't tell. "After you hear what she has to say then decide whether you believe it or not." 

Mhm, how can I say no? 

I mean, I can't just let my dad's potential murder go without doing my best to find the truth. 

"Okay," I stand up nodding my head. "I'll listen to what she has to say." 

***

As if being around Elliot wasn't awkward enough, now I also get to hang out with Macy. We've been sitting in chairs in a random hallway in the hospital waiting for this mystery woman to show up. 

Elliot and Macy have been chatting, but I can't quite bring myself to bother talking to either of them. All I can think about is my dad and whether I am making the right decision in trusting Macy. 

"You're always going to be pissed about that, aren't you?" Macy laughs and I look over to see Elliot chuckling. 

God, how did we even get here? Macy and Elliot as best friends while I sit here trying not to vomit. 

I hated Macy. Correction, I hate Macy.  

"I am never letting it go," he says and I look away as he smiles at her. 

How can he trust her? I mean he did leave me for her. 

I suddenly hear Noah's voice in my head. 

"Elle, you know why he left. He did it for you".