Follow the Money

TW: SA, please read at your own discretion. The sections regarding this trigger will be in bold for anyone who would like to skip them. 

Elliot's POV 

I wake up to the irritating sound of my phone ringing, my head feels like I smashed it against a brick wall. I open my eyes and see Macy's hair all over my face. 

"Shit," I curse as I turn over and blindly reach toward where I think the sound of my phone is coming from. The phone stops ringing and I finally feel it, I take hold of it and turn the screen on. 

4:05 am, 7 missed calls. 

Again, the phone rings. I immediately recognize the ringtone and the number. Nathan. 

"This better be important," I answer irritated. Who the hell calls someone at 4 am? 

Better question, how did I allow myself to get so drunk? God, this hangover is going to suck. 

"Why was my sister in the building?" he asks and that sobers me up. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" I sit up and climb out of bed. I can't risk Macy hearing our conversation and figuring out Nathan Louise is alive. I carefully open my bedroom door and exit the room. 

"She was here like an hour ago," he explains and I can hear a bit of panic in his voice. "as soon as she opened the front door, I got the notification on my phone. When I looked at the cameras, there she was walking in with Will. She was only here for ten minutes and then she left with some folders in hand, but I couldn't tell what she took." 

When I set up Nathan in the old apartment building I installed a camera in the front door that was connected to our phones. It sends us a notification every time the door is opened or unlocked. I figured it was a way of keeping Nathan safe since he would know exactly when to be absolutely silent. 

"What the fuck is she doing?" I exclaim as I make my way into the kitchen and open the leftmost cabinet where I keep my keys hidden. "And how the hell did she know where the keys are stashed?" 

Who else knows where I hide the keys? Just me and...Jax. 

Jax was the one driving me around when I first started using the building, he probably saw me hide the keys. 

"You need to hide those better," he hisses. "How the hell did she get to the building without you knowing?" 

"Her security guard Jax, used to be my security guard," I explain. "He must have seen me hide the keys and told her about them. . .Your sister is very good at convincing people to do things for her." 

"Our mother is Elizabeth," he chuckles. "We are experts at getting people to do what we want."

I quickly move the spices inside the cabinet and find the black jar where I hide the keys, as soon as I lift it I know the keys are gone. 

"She got you drunk, didn't she?" he asks, and I can tell he's amused. "She used to do that to me when she wanted to see Luis early in the morning. Abrelle will drink you right under the table without you even realizing what's happening."

"Fuck," I curse as I set the jar down in front of me. "What the hell is she planning? And why does she need those papers?" 

There are so many documents in that apartment that I can't even begin to narrow down what she could've taken. I could go and try to find out, but going through those boxes is going to take hours. 

"I don't know Elliot," he says. "But whatever it is, it isn't going to be good. I told you, Abrelle is ruthless and now she's off doing whatever she thinks she needs to, to figure out the truth."