Sleeping Next To Each Other Felt Intimate

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Elliot's POV 

I calmly get in the car, turning the ignition on as Macy gets in. 

"What are you doing?" I ask as the buckles her seatbelt. 

"I'm going with you," she says. 

"Absolutely not," I shake my head. "Abrelle hates me enough with you around she will never speak to me." 

"Look," Macy says "I have a lot of work to do. I need to prove to you that I'm not the person i've been. If you're going to help me, I need to do that much." 

What are you doing Elliot? 

After everything you shouldn't be trusting her. You know that, so why are you? 

"Fine," I exhale "but don't say anything to her and just keep your distance. The last thing she needs is you talking to her." 

"I know," she nods looking down at her hands and It's almost like she seems sorry. 

Or is she sorry? 

God, I don't know what to do. 

All I know is, if there really is a ten year old boy being beat I can't stand around and do nothing.

*** 

"I said I need you to leave me alone," Abrelle raises her voice causing a few people to turn to look at us including a woman stting a few chairs away. "Was that too complicated of a statement?"

The woman sitting a few seats away gives me a confused look, she looks familiar.

"We understand that this is hard," Macy says, a kind tone of voice. 

"You don't understand," Abrelle growls, as she stands up from her chair.  

"You both need to stop," the woman stands up, immediately getting between Abrelle and Macy. "She already told you she wants to be alone, please leave her alone."

"Of course," I nod. "I really do hope Noah recovers and if you ever need anything Abrelle, we're here."

"Right," Abrelle glares at me, a disgusted tone of voice. "Glad Elliot Stone could come to my rescue."

I can feel the anger coming off of her and she has every right to be angry. I don't say anything, as me and Macy go take a seat on the other side of the room.

She needs space, I know that. 

I'll just focus on other matters at hand. 

The phone call.

"She doesn't want our help," Macy says. "What do we do?"

"You keep an eye on her," I stand up, brushing off imaginary dust off my jeans. "I need to look into other matters at hand."

"Where are you going?" she asks. 

"I need to find out who is Noah's doctor," I lie. "It'll be the only way we keep ourselves in the loop."

"Okay," she nods. "I'll call you if anything happens."

I turn back to look at Abrelle, her eyes are closed as she leans back in her chair. 

Perfect. 

*** 

I look around making sure no one is in sight before I walk up to the front desk, a brunette nurse is working.