Chapter 2

Published: 1/1/22

On ones POV

Clary felt like crying. She had only found out she was a shadowhunter around 2 years ago at the age of 15 and from there her whole life had been a roller coaster. She had finally started to get used to her life and make sense of the new world she lives in and now she had to move to a magical country for a couple of years with the possibility of being split up from everyone she has grown close to and loves. Parents were demanded to stay at their institute and continue their daily life and were temporarily banned for the first 6 months of entering Idris without a request or urgency. She would be away from her mother and Luke for at least half a year in a place she was unfamiliar with. Not that she saw Jocelyn and Luke everyday since they lived in their own house but it still hurt. At least she had a phone to keep in contact with she thought as she entered Jace's room. She knew she had to be strong for herself and for Jace.

It had been around 4 hours since Jace and Clary had left Maryse's office, and it was almost 12 o'clock. They had both been slowly packing in silence, neither of them had said a word to each other or made eye contact. Clary checked her phone to see that the meeting would begin soon. Most of her essential belongings were packed. All her clothes, art supplies, photos, belongings given to her by Jace, and toiletries were packed, she had just needed to pack her weapons, emergency first aid, little non essentials, and things such as blankets, pillows, water, and stuff like that that weren't as important as they were provided. She put on her black leather jacket as she began to approach the door "we should go now" was all she said before closing the door behind her.

Jace hadn't packed a single thing for the first hour, he watched Clary pack her things with slight evident anger, that she was packing to leave. He was angry that she had given up so quickly and easily. He watched her as if she was so eager to pack and it only made him angrier. After an hour of laying on his bed and watching Clary he gave in and decided to pack as well although the silence, distance, and tension between them was like an unspoken argument. Clary wasn't sure why she had kept her distance and remained silent but she knew why Jace was. She knew he was angry at her for packing but she also knew that he was more terrified of leaving her then what he was angry. She knew that if they had been sent to separate academies Jace's walls would be built up as fast and high as a rocket blasting off in the sky. She knew that this change might destroy him and put him through a self destructive phase if he don't win against the clave. Jace hated the clave and everything it threw his way. Would they honestly think he wouldn't put up a fight.

Soon after Clary left for the meeting Jace left as well meeting up with Alec as the two of them were approaching the girls. Izzy greeted Alec and Jace and Jace played cool as if nothing was bothering him. Clary noticed and her stomach turned as she realised that his walls were already coming up. She greeted Alec and moved behind Jace hugging him firmly from behind. Her arms snaked around his chest and her head leant against his back. He jerked his whole body tense and Clary let out a single tear. The ops centre was more than double packed than it had been a few hours ago if that was even possible. The institute was filled with young shadowhunters and downworlders from around New York. Maryse told the audience exactly what she had told Jace and Clary earlier. Alec left soon after his mother started as he went to stand by a comforting, glittery Magnus.

Magnus laughed as he watched a nervous Alec listen to his mother explaining the academy request situation. "You know I'm coming with you right." Magnus said in his charming voice. Alec's body immediately relaxed, "really!?" Alec replied with excitement and a blush. "Whatever academy you attend, I'll be right there with you." "You know if I get requested to go to the Shadowhunter Academy you won't be able to come right? Downworlders aren't welcome there?" Alec told Magus confused. "The Clace and their silly rules. I'm Magnus Bane, I can do what I won't whenever I want. Especially if it means that I get to share a dorm room with my amazing, cute boyfriend." Alec laughed and smiled at his confident boyfriend.

Simon approached a very angry Izzy and they were both appreciative that the crowd started to  roar with commentary as Izzy shrieked at Simons sudden touch, unaware that it was him. She turned towards him immediately ready to knock out whoever it was that had just unintentionally tickled her. She relaxed the moment she realised it was just Simon. He gave her a cheerful and apologetic smile "rough day?" He asked. "You have no idea!! Simon their shipping me awayyyyy!" Izzy said dramatically! "Izzy I thought you loved Idris?" Simon asked puzzled. "I do but I hate the academies!! Their so strict and you know I don't like to follow rules!" Izzy whinged seriously! Simon chuckled and reassured her "don't worry I'll be there with you" he placed his hand on her shoulder and looked at Jace and Clary concerned. "What's wrong with him?" Simon whispered in Izzy's ear. Izzy followed the direction of his gaze and saw Jace acting weirdly around Clary. "I'm not sure" Izzy said slowly. "Jace must not be adjusting to this well." Izzy suggested with a concerned face. "So he's taking it out on my best friend!?" Izzy shrugged and replied "maybe something else happened." The meeting finished and Magnus and Alec had gone their seperate ways to pack. "Since the downworlder lock in has been lifted I better head off to start packing. But as soon as I'm done I'll come straight here to give you a hand. Because something tells me that your wardrobe is more than a one woman job" Simon joked and Izzy playfully hit his forearm and giggled.