Chapter 15

Published: 1/1/22

No one's POV

Considering the cool weather the woman who Jonathan was disgusted as was almost bare. She wore white stringy short shorts and a matching white stringy belly shower with black heeled boots. She reached the free area Jonathan had been standing in a few moments ago. She was ready to confront him, dagger firmly held in hand in the air ready to strike but he was gone, nowhere to be seen. She ran up on the stage dodging the guardsman and council members trying to grab her and she stood up looking out at the confused, annoyed crowd. There was no sign of the woman she saw staring at her. She left the stage with a guardsman leading her down. She ran back to Jace and handed him back his dagger not making eye contact. "I thought I saw a demon." She said knowing he was going to ask questions. He didn't seem to believe her, even though they had never really lied to each other. She wasn't lying exactly because Jonathan was part demon, but she did sugar coat the truth. "In Idris?" "Yeah." She said dragging it out slightly. She looked at him finally and he looked at her with an expression that was waiting for her to give him the full truth or story. "It doesn't matter I was wrong. But I could have sworn that I saw it." She said annoyed and turning around. "o forse lo sto perdendo" Clary said in Latin. In English it meant 'or maybe I am losing it'. "No, your not losing it. Your probably just tired, you didn't get much sleep last night." Clary jumped back in a fright, her back knocking into his. She had forgotten he could speak Latin, not that she was hiding anything from him. "You alright." He said with a smile. He pressed his body to hers and hugged her from behind. She turned around and placed her chin on his shoulder. "Just thinking" she mumbled. She shot her head back looking Jace in the eyes, "Jace you..did you see a stunningly attractive blond girl around our age with black eyes cross us? Barley any clothing on?" Clary asked her voice rising in fear and curiosity. "I couldn't be able to tell you because the only person I find stunningly attractive in this universe is you." She should have guessed he'd say something like that. She blushed bright red and tried to hide a smile, but he saw it and he smiled back. "Ok then, did you hear anyone talking Latin around us or see anyone that looked suspicious or even a glimpse of a blond with black eyes, staring right at me?" He shook his head "not that I noticed, I mean there's a lot of people talking but nothing. I followed your gaze at one stage but there was no one there." She nodded in response "I suppose your right, maybe I'm just tired."

"That is everyone. If your name was called out and you haven't made your way to the front, please do so now." Councillor Ursula demanded. Clary sighed in relief. "Thank the Angel." She said feeling like she could breath again. "Oh I'm thanking them alright." Jace said. There was rattling and roaring noises rising in the crowds as people chatted and or picked up their things and walked to their designated area.

Clary didn't know what Jace had thought about Jonathan's whereabouts so she decide to ask him. "Hey Jace, what do you think on my brothers death?" She said carefully, saying the word 'death' with air quotations. "Like do you really believe he's dead?" He looked startled at her question. "Well, I don't necessarily think he's alive, I mean that explosion was pretty lethal, but then again this is Jonathan Morgenstern we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past me if someone told me they thought he was alive. But I don't know. Why?" "Just curious" she replied quietly. Her tone raised suspicion in Jace and he decided not to push her on it but to keep an extra close eye on her. "What do you think would happen if he was alive?" She questioned him. He brought his face hovering over hers, "I'd be one of the first ones to know, and when I find him I'd kill him for good. That's for sure." He said deep and protective. Clary nodded turning around in Jace's safe capture.

Jordan, Bat, Maia, Aline, and Helen had been chattering when Helen and her siblings decided to head to the front after their names had been called. Aline and Helen exchanged a small hug and a kiss on the lips before Helen took off. They all started walking and talking until they had found Simon and Izzy and decided to join. They all said their good mornings and chatter about everyone's choice for which academy they would attend. The girls and boys split into mini seperate conversations. The girls began to talk about make up and the gossip they had on people and the clave before the Idris lockdown. The boys on the other hand spoke about their recent fights and a video game they all played called X-Slayers.