Chapter 8

Published 1/1/22

No one's POV

"I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight pup!" Magnus yelled. "Please don't. Don't make pup a thing." Alec pleaded. "Panda?" Magnus questioned curiously. "No!" Alec replied shyly. "Alight I'll think of something better." "No don't-" Alec sighed as his boyfriend disappeared into the dark night. Alec turned behind him embarrassment all over his face as Izzy laughed. If it weren't for the supply of lighting she wouldn't have been able to see her brother as red as a tomato. "No one needs to know about this" Alec said which only made his sister laugh harder. He soon joined in and they laughed as they made their way to Jace who was carrying a sleepy Clary, bridal style with her head still glued to his chest. The only thing calming Clary's nerves in that moment was the sound of Jace's steady heart beat. She listened carefully as it thumped in rhythm.

Once everyone was separated councillor Grace began to give out orders again. "Would all downworlders please seperate themselves into rows of species and gender immediately. As for the nephilim please seperate into rows of gender and age. All children under the age of 13 please make a solid line at the front to be escorted into an immediate cabin." Jace put Clary down slowly as she woke from the loud speaker. She grabbed hold of him firmly before they kissed goodbye for a solid 3 minutes. "It's only one night." She reassured him, before he kissed her forehead and spoke in a serious tone, "a lot can happen in one night Clary." They locked eyes and he left with a smirk.

Simon was squeezing himself through the midst of the crowds trying to find the males vampire line when he bumped into a lost Maia. "Hey Maia. Are you alright you look confused?" Simon asked concerned. "Hey Simon! I was just talking to Jordan and Bat and before I know it they were shoved out of the way and dragged away by two other wolves and I can't find them. The females werewolf section would probably be close to them and I don't-" Simon interrupted Maia's speedy rant. "Hey. Hey I'll help you find your way. Follow me." Maia relaxed and followed her close friend as he lead her right to her line. She thanked him and hugged him goodnight as he turned the opposite direction to find his line.

Clary knew her parents wouldn't be sleeping and were probably worrying about her so she decided to give them a quick text as she stepped in line behind Izzy.
Clary - 'Hey mom and Luke I just wanted to let you know that I'm in Alicante and I'm safe. I love you guys so much. Goodnight.'
Jocelyn - 'Hey sweetie, we miss you so much already and we love you too don't forget to contact us everyday. Goodnight Clary.'
Luke - 'Goodnight kiddo don't get into any trouble and if anything happen calls us or get Jace.'
Clary - 'ok I promise.'

And with that she slide her phone back into her pocket. Everyone had been waiting for further instructions for a while when finally the councillor spoke up. "Will Clary Fairchild please come to the front immediately! Clary Fairchild to the front only! Everyone else please seperate into alphabetical order." Clary froze as she heard her name called out. Izzy turned to Clary with her arm on her shoulder. "Hey are you ok? you look a little shaken up. What happened? Why did you get called up?" Izzy sounded concerned for her parabatai and hugged Clary when she hadn't responded. "I did something Iz." Clary shook her head 'no' as Izzy asked if she'd like her to come. "Whatever it is I can help you!" "No no it's ok I'll be back soon." With that Clary started towards the front. "Hopefully." She muttered to herself.