Chapter 10

Published: 1/1/22

No one's POV

After another hour of no instructions given and Maryse giving out strict orders to not touch a hair on anyone's head especially her children's as well as Clary's. Jace had calmed Clary down and informed her he was all healed up but Clary didn't know what to believe as the night sky was too dark to tell. Simon comforted and relaxed a ragged Izzy, and Alec and Magnus fumed as Magnus had informed Alec that all downworlders had been drugged and made temporarily barren of their abilities until they were placed into their academies. The enormous crowd was told to get back to their lines and would be split into groups of 10 and brought into their cabins. Clary couldn't wrap her head around how they could supply cabins for over 200,000 shadowhunters and downworlders. Eventually she decided to drop it as she realised that she was currently living in a magical hidden world that doesn't actually exist on any mundane map. Anything could happen at this point she thought. Clary was given a cabin number and was escorted with some other shadowhunters by a guardsman. Clary reached her cabin and was taken by surprise. The cabin was surprisingly modern and large although the crowded bunkbeds gave the illusion of a small area. The walls where white which matched the white tiled floors. Black thick metal frames held the queen sized bunkbeds together. A small hallway lead to a medium sized bathroom and a larger empty room was provided to keep baggage in. Clary assumed that this was the work of a warlock by the modern looking generous sized rooms. There were five bunkbeds giving space for a minimum of ten people with one person per bed. There was a knock on the door as Clary and everyone else put their bags into the spare room and changed into pyjamas. Clary wore one of Jace's oversized grey t-shirts and loose navy short shorts. A shadowhunter girl Clary had not yet met answered the door. In came a blond haired girl with bright brown eyes. She introduced herself as Emma Carstairs and to be a year younger then them. She informed the girls that there was a mix up in her cabin and she had to spend the night with them. Through the night no one really talked and Clary felt out of place. She didn't really know anyone there and she was so worried about Jace.

As Clary laid in her bed three of the girls that were still awake began to chat and Clary recognised Emma being one of them. Just as Clary started slowly drifting off to sleep she heard Emma and and the other two girls obsessing over her boyfriend. 'Hey no one was allowed to drool over my sexy boyfriend but me' Clary thought but before she could protest her sleep took over.

After many protests Jace decided to go to sleep.
The morning came and everyone was out in the town hall back in their rows they were calling out people who had been placed in a requested academy. Jace hadn't heard his or Clary's name yet tho he was still listening anxiously. "Thomas Goldstone, Taylor Scarblood, Jace Herondale, William Bloodworm, Clary Fairchild.-" Jace's heart ponded as he heard both their names called. He made his way to the front the sky turning into a darker shade of blue, grey clouds surrounded the town hall skies and felt muffled. The people at the front were separated into the three schools as one of them had already left earlier that morning (Alicante infant Academy). Clary was placed in the Shadowhunter Academy and Jace was placed in the Idris Academy. Jace looked at Clary, she looked frozen and numb like she was having trouble comprehending the situation. Jace chased after her as her line made their way to a portal and suddenly he couldn't move. His feet plastered to the ground as he watched a man take his girlfriend by the arm and begin to hit her. He screamed out and before he knew it she was arrested. All of a sudden he could see her in the city of bones being tortured and beat.

Jace being on the top of a bunkbed, woke up in a fright. Sweat dripping down his face as he rubbed his hands over it. His breath was heavy and unsteady. He jumped off ignoring the latter, took a shower and changed into a pair of knee length black fleece shorts and a black singlet, revealing his toned muscles.