Chapter 3

Published: 1/1/22

No ones POV

Everyone had started leaving to pack and the ops centre was almost empty, remaining in the almost bare room was a few shadowhunters bickering about the academies, and Clary still holding onto the back of a frozen silent Jace. "Jace" Clary finally spoke. "Jace we should get back to packing and saying our goodbyes to our parents." Jace grabbed hold of Clary's hands and removed them from his chest releasing them to fall by her side and walked off. Clary's comforting expression quickly turned sad and hurt as Jace dropped her hands and left. She sighed and retired to her and Jace's room. She packed up the rest of her stuff and watched as Jace did his own slowly, she offered him help but he didn't reply, taking that as a sign that he wanted to be left alone she gathered all her bags and placed them together by the door. She took in every detail of the room as two tears escaped her hold. She realised that this would be the last time she'd probably be in this room full of memories. Jace saw her hold in her cry from a reflection and his heart-ached. She walked to door and stoped just before she grabbed the knob. "I'm going to say goodbye to my parents I'll be back to collect my things" Clary's voice was shaky and full of sadness. As Clary stepped out of the door Jace slide out just before being squashed through the closing door. She looked up at him in surprise and left to find Jocelyn and Luke.

Jace made his way to Maryse's office to say goodbye only for her to inform him that she'd be leaving for Alicante in a week. But they said their goodbyes anyway just in case he ended up boarding. After he left Maryse's office he headed to Alec's room.

"How did you pack so fast." Jace asked confused as he entered the room. Magnus came out from Alec's bathroom and addressed his presence by making a duck quack noise. Jace jumped and turned around to see both his parabatai and his parabatai's boyfriend laughing at Jace. Jace shot out a warning face to the both of them and their laughter vanished as fear took over. "I was on my way to my apartment when I realised I could just magic my belonging to me once I reached the academy. And so I came back and magicked everything Alexander needed in a snap of my finger." Magnus said cheerfully and Alec blushed as Magnus called him Alexander. Only he called him that and only he could ever make him blush about it. "Rightttt!" Jace said in realisation.

Jocelyn and Luke had been in a meeting with one of the new council members discussing Jonathan's fate if he were to be found. No one was really sure if Jonathan was alive after last being seen in an accidental explosion caused by his adoptive mother Lilith. Some people believe that he'd died in the fire, or that he might have gotten away or could have been resurrected, although no one was really sure. But Clary had a pretty good feeling that he had been blasted back to edom, she knew her brother well, he wasn't dead he was just waiting to make his appearance and strike when everyone least expects it. After all he was a Morgenstern, smart, determined, and almost impossible to permanently kill.