Chapter 24

Published: 30/9/2022
———————////————////——-////———-////——
WOW ok very sorry, I have not uploaded in ages!I know I said this last time but I can't believe we're already at the end of September. Anyways back to the story.
———————////————////——-////———-////——

No one's POV

Clary woke up in the middle of the night, her eyes shot open from the unfamiliar aroma of her new room and the bad dream before it. She stirred around facing Jace's bare chest and abs, she smiled, feeling the safety and love of her boyfriends grip on her. She kissed his warm skin and placed her head under his chin, hugging his back and tangling their legs together. She snuggled into him as she drifted slowly back to sleep, forgetting about all the worries of the night. They slept peacefully in the wrap of each other.

A screeching siren boomed throughout the academy dorm rooms shattering everyone from their sleep. Clary woke up jumping into an upright position in panic. Jace groaned in annoyance and grabbed Clary back down as she panted. He covered her ears and snuggled into her, too tired to answer her mountain of questions. The alarm went off for a whole minute then cut dead silence. Jace rolled over hovering onto of her and unblocked her ears. He smiled sweetly at her while holding her face in his hands. He dipped his head down and gave her a sweet morning kiss. He pulled away and looked at her softly, "your probably gonna hear that every morning at 6." He said a little over a whisper. She scrunched her face in irritation, "what are you serious! What for?" She asked with a groan. "That is the wake up bell." He said with a sigh. Clary scoffed and shut her eyes, "yeah I know." He whispered in annoyance. "Come on we got to get ready, breakfast in the cafeteria starts at 7 but we can just have that here, and classes start at 8:15. I'll go make some breakfast while you take a warm shower how does that sound?" Jace questioned peacefully, she smiled at him and gave him a quick kiss on the forehead. "Or maybe you could join me?" She said seductively. "Hold that thought." He responded with a smirk as he handed her a buzzing phone. Jocelyn had been trying to get a hold of her 3 times already. Clary answered in a rush and Jace left the room to get started on breakfast.

He walked into the kitchen in his trucks, forgetting about all the other girls in the dorm and wrapped an apron around his waist. He made fried eggs with bacon, grilled halloumi and toast on the side. He made a jug of apple and orange juice and some hash browns. He was surprised to see how much food they had stocked them up with. He made another little tray of hot chips and put them in the oven and set up the table.

While Jace was getting his cooking skills going on in the kitchen Clary was finishing up her conversation with her mom. She caught her up on what had been happening and what the academy looked like and her schedule and almost everything, except she definitely left out details on her love life, that was strictly forbidden for her to bring up in precautions to keeping it. She said goodbye to Jocelyn and went into the bathroom, her school uniform in hand with a gasp at the decent the size of the bathroom. She hadn't really taken much notice the day before. She put her clothes and towel on the towel rack and set up the heater in front. She hoped in the shower and had relaxed into the warm water washing away all her nerves and dilemmas. After hopping out of the shower Clary dried her hair, put on her uniform, and applied some natural makeup. She looked at herself in the reflection and smiled.

While breakfast was being put on the table Becky and Maia came out of their rooms in pj shorts and their bras. Jace turned around to the girls thinking it was Clary and they screamed in shock. The three of them stared at each other in an awkward silence and Jace quickly made his way back to Clary's room as the other girls covered their exposed front and rushed back to their rooms. Izzy came out and laughed at Jace and he shot her a warning glare. He shut the door and took in a breath as Clary came out giggling, "what happened to you?" She giggled. "Don't ask." He replied opening his eyes. He whistled, "wow" his eyes scanned her down and up. "I got to go get ready but breakfast is on the table." He said grabbing his clothes off the floor and sliding them over his body. "Your not gonna eat? It smells amazing!" She whispered walking towards him. "Ate as I went." He said with a smirk, she giggled again, he kissed her on the forehead and took off to his room lost in thought.

Jace entered his dorm with glares from Sebastian, a welcoming good morning from an almost naked Magnus and a questioning look from Alec. Jace looked like a mess, his hair was tangled in all different directions, his pants were half zipped, his shirt was unbuttoned and crumpled with creases and his shoes were in his hand. "What happened to you?" Magnus chimed after taking a bite of his chocolate croissant. "What, don't tell me you got kicked out. Or wait- did you sleep with another girl?" Sebastian intervened with no good intentions. "Haha." Jace mocked with a look of disgust and annoyance. Jace turned to Alec who looked a little concerned. "Oh come on, this is Jace we're talking about, he and Clary probably went at it again." Magnus said wiggling his eyebrows and reviving a stare from Jace. "Did something happen." Alec asked, "what? No she wanted to cuddle." Jace said making his way to his room, "a cuddle? What for?" Sebastian asked sounding judgmental. "Yes a cuddle, we do it all the time. Something you wouldn't understand cause your an immature single snake. Plus she was scared. Now give me a break. And don't you talk Alec cause I know where you were sleeping last night."
Jace had a shower and got dressed in his academy uniform. He grabbed his academy duffel bag and stuffed it with his summer sport uniform.

When Alec and Magnus were ready Jace headed out with them to head to the Academy campus. They waited outside for the girls to be ready and when they arrived, they all walked in fearless and confident. Already knowing they owned the school. "As far as popular kids go in the shadow world, I say we pretty much rule this school." Simon said to Clary with a goofy grin, "yeah, a long way from St. Xavier's social status. Way to go us!" Clary replied to him with the same goofiness. "Only thing to do now is to own it Fray." "Oh she will." Jace chimes in with a wink. Clary's eyes met his and he gave her a quick kiss before whispering in her ear. "Don't forget about tonight." "Are you kidding, I can't wait." She replied a little above a whisper, her eyes still trained deeply on his. He brought his arm tighter around her waist as he leaned in once more, "good. Oh and pack a spare pair of clothes, and a bikini if you'd like." And with that they walked in from the back entrance meeting thousands of family, friendly, unlikable, and unknown faces. The whole school watching them with jealousy and dreams to be them.

———————////————////——-////———-////——
I hope everyone's enjoying the story so far. Let me know if you have any questions or tips or if you would like for something to happen or your theories on how what's going to happen next.
———————////————////——-////———-////——