Chapter 20

Published: 29/3/2022

No one's POV

Robert told everyone to line up in lines of species and gender. People began forming into their lines, and one by one in groups guardsman called the next person forward allocating them their dorm room and uniform room. Clary had been in line for about an hour until it was her turn next. She walked up to the guardsman who gave her a folder and told her to join the growing group to be lead into the Academy. The folder included an information booklet about the Academy and the rules, a map of the Academy campus, a sheet of paper including her dorm room number and map as well as her uniform room, a sticker with a code on it to be handed to the uniform staff member for her schedule, and a bunch of random sheets with information containing house groups and all that. She looked around trying to find Jace or anyone she recognised. The group had grown big and the guardsman started leading them into the Academy and Clary hadn't found anyone. From the outside Clary could tell that the Academy was enormous, let alone how big it was going to be on the inside with warlock magic. She walked up massive stone stairs that lead to a giant glass door, as they entered Clary took in the marble tiled floors with head to ceiling white walls, long black metal lockers decorated the plain walls, and if the academy didn't look big enough on the outside it sure was on the inside, straight down the long and wide hall Clary saw a tall glass staircase that went up 5 levels, and that was only from where she had been standing. As they gave a quick tour of the Academy they made their way to the end of the hall from level one and walked past the now 10 level staircase, Clary gulped at the thought of walking up all those stairs, until her eyes wandered off into a small dead ended hallway, she walked through it seeing 3 big elevators on both sides. The rest of the group joined her and continued the tour by entering the elevator. Clary saw many groups touring around the Academy trying to get familiar with it.

After an extremely quick 2 hour tour of all 10 levels of the Academy they made their way back down to level one by the stairs as they spoke about the history of the academy and the importance of this new change in the shadowworld, although everyone looked as though they stopped listening or lost interest by the time they reached the stairs. During those 2 hours they had seen a 2 level gym on levels 2&3, 200 large empty classrooms on every level containing of only the company of wooden or metal or glass desks with hard plastic and metal chairs some of them had wheels and some didn't as well as clean counters and storage rooms doors and chalkboards and whiteboards accompanied by a teachers desk and chair either at the front of the class or the back. They saw a gigantic library, janitors room, storage room, infirmary rooms on every level, 5 female and male bathrooms on each floor, 4 decent sized training rooms on every level, art rooms, music rooms, dance and drama rooms, time out room, uniform rooms, cafeteria, front and back offices, counselling rooms, huge auditorium starting on level 2 all the way to level 8, head principals/council members office, detention rooms, teachers offices, staff rooms, parking lot (not that they would need it), an athlete centre with a different sport field on every level such as (basketball and volleyball and indoor tennis courts, football and indoor soccer and track running and ice hockey fields, swimming lap pools, archery course, and an everything's room), parabatai training room, club rooms, and many other random rooms.

As they got to the bottom of the stairs they headed towards the end of the hallway as Clary left to look at the almost invisible patterned architecture on a blank white wall by a trophy stand. The whole Academy had been a mix of modern and old cultural designs and finishes. She felt a breath slither down her neck and collar bone and she froze as she saw a large muscular shadow creep up behind her, she relaxed as two strong arms she had known the feeling of snakes around her body and rested down at her hips and the familiar sent of her boyfriend left her wanting more. "Hey there.." He said in a husky voice she giggled and replied just as sexy "Hey there you." She stayed staring at their shadows on the wall, "what do you think of the academy so far?" He asked, "it's beautiful but not as beautiful as you." She said matter of factly, "well obviously." He joked. "You know I didn't think I'd see you till tomorrow if not the weekend. Wait, do we get the weekend off?" She asked her voice slightly drained of exhaustion. He laughed, "yes Clary we get the weekends off. Plus what makes you think I wouldn't see you everyday and night." "Well I don't know I just thought if our schedules were different then we probably wouldn't see much of each other." She said her voice down. "Clary I don't care weather they doomed all my classes to the opposite end of the academy to you, I'm going to make time to see you even if it means to skip class." He said reassuringly, as she tilted her head back against his chest and shut her eyes. "You tired baby?" He whispered, "mhmm." She mumbled as he kissed her head, he replied after her noise "not that I want you to leave but your group is leaving." With that she shot up and began to walk away before being hauled back flat against the wall, she breathed out and caught her breath as he looked her deep in the eyes pinning her steady to him and the wall. "You weren't going to leave without saying goodbye now were you?" He said with a cocky smirk. She smirked back and looked from his eyes to his mouth, "no, of course not." She put her free hand to the back of his head and pulled it to hers connecting their lips in a deep, quick passionate kiss. She pulled back leaning her forehead against his, "I have to go now but I'll see you tomorrow ok." She whispered her breath slightly taken still catching up to her, "what happened to tonight?" He asked fake hurt, she whined and replied "Jace I'm so tired I-" "say no more I'll just be there to cuddle you." He said interrupting her. She chuckled "cuddling sounds great, I'll see you tonight." As she started walking off again she stopped and turned back to him, "wait, how did you know where I was? Where even is your group?" She asked with a crooked smile. "I don't know I came looking for you." He said with a grin. She chuckled "alight Golden Boy go find your group I bet they've sent out a search team to find you. You know your quiet the legend everywhere you go." She said walking away with a chuckle. "You jealous baby girl, cause I heard your quiet the legend yourself and quiet a wild Angel in bed too." He shouted back and at that she stopped and turned around shouting back "Jonathan Christopher Herondale, are you trying to advertise me to the boys." "Very funny Fairchild. Your my future Herondale and they know that." His tone was a mix of serious and joke. "Is that your way of proposing or are you just telling me that some day I'll marry you. Because what if I don't want to." She said teasingly. "No that was not my way of proposing, but if it was would your answer be yes?" She giggled, "I don't know I was kinda picturing myself with Raj, he's gotten kinda sexy lately don't you think." She said jokingly with a wink. Jace hated Raj, his mouth twitched in an almost grunt of disgust. "I'm joking, of course I'd say yes." She said softly looking down at the ground with a blush. He smiled lovingly "I knew you couldn't resist my charm and good looks." She laughed "yeah, I just can't live without it." She teased, and he blew her a kiss as she turned around and re joined her group. She walked back to the group as they turned a corner which lead to turning many long corners ignoring many rooms until they reached an empty large room with many glass doors.