Chapter 7

Published 1/1/22

No one's POV

As more nephilim and downworlders from all over the world came through the portals, Clary and Jace eventually found their friends. Clary hadn't gotten the chance to take in the town hall of Idris and there would be no such luck for her to do so now as the place was packed. Clary wouldn't be surprised if people got lost in the crowds of lost and confused shadowhunters and downworlders. She supposed she'd have to explore it later tonight or earlier in the morning.

Izzy and Magnus were discussing all the best clothing shops around the Academies while Alec and Simon stood there silently listening but it wasn't an awkward silence it was a humorous silence as Simon and Alec exchanged expressions of laughter and mockery of their two friends chatting with such joy and enthusiasm. Jace and Clary joined the rest of their friends starting new conversations with them. Jace and Alec began to talk about training and demon hunting. Clary and Simon spoke about their old high school experiences and if the academies would be anything like high school, while Izzy and Magnus went on talking about where to buy the best party outfits and when they should host one. Around half an hour went by and the group was still chatting. The bright blue cloudy sky had turned dark and twinkled with the night breeze. People began to get cold and irritated as the long day had turned to late night. People wanted to sleep and it wasn't helping that the more people that came out of those portals the more noise filled the air harshly and loud. Jace walked over to comfort Clary as he saw her stressed little body shiver and blink. He hugged her from behind sliding his arms around her waist. She turned in his grasp and laid her head gently to his chest as he held her safely to him. She began to drift off but the camp in the town hall had other plans. A booming siren broke the roaring crowed into a deadly silence as people covered their ears. Clary groaned and turned her head to face the stage where council members stood, mega phones in hand. Clary noticed a guardsman make his way behind her and she hide her head between her and Jace's body. He noticed her afraid reaction and stroked her back soothingly. "Everything's going to be ok! No one's going to hurt you. I promise!" Jace whispered softly into Clary's almost hidden head. She lifted her head to look up at him and placed it back against his chest as he continued to stroke her back. The siren stoped and a shadowhunter started to talk. "Attention all! We know you might be tired so if you all cooperate we'll have you in a bed sleeping in no time." There was a minutes pause before they continued, "Thank you all for your silence I will now pass you on to councillor Grace. She will inform you of your further instructions." The former council member finished and a new one spoke up. "Thank you councillor Ursula, and thank you all for your patience. I will begin to seperate and group you all. We understand that it's a little squishy but will you all start dividing yourselves into nephilim and downworlder. Now please." As soon as she finished the crowd began to roar again and split into two. Shadowhunters on one side of the town hall and downworlders on the other. As the gang started to split up Simon grabbed Izzy by the arm. He pecked her on the lips and she whispered "I don't want to leave you." "I know but I'll see you first thing tomorrow morning. And besides I'll text you." "Alright, but if we're all leaving tomorrow morning and your the only daylighter how are the other Vamps not going to fry?" Izzy asked curiously. Simon put on his thinking face, "I'm not sure. I guess I'll find out soon." He replied slowly. "Anyways goodnight Si." Izzy said before kissing Simon quickly on the lips and running off in her 5 inch heels to catch up with her brother who was flirting with a sparkly Magnus.