Chapter 9

Published: 1/1/22

No one's POV

If it was for what she thought it was for she understood why Jace wasn't called up. She was a Morgenstern and he was a Herondale and that's all that needed to be said, they didn't trust her. She was Valentine's daughter, she has Valentine's blood in her veins and she had had some outbursts in the past that were definitely held against her. Besides the time she had been thrown in the guard when she was 16 and was sentenced to execution, the only reason she hadn't been severely consequenced in the past was because Jace was her boyfriend and everyone feared him. He was almost as feared as Valentine and Jonathan but on the other hand Jace was also the most popular and desired Shadowhunter who lived. He's the fastest, strongest, bravest, most talented, most skilled and good looking shadowhunter and on top of that he was a Herondale and that was like shadowhunter royalty in it's self.  As Clary walked up to the front she was met by two guardsman's who asked for her name. "Yes. That's right I am Clarissa Morgenstern. Have I done something wrong?" "Please get down on the ground with your hand behind your back or there's going to be trouble." One of the guardsman spoke as he pulled out a baton and the other pulled out hand cuffs made of steel. Clary gulped and turned around slowing laying on the ground arms already behind her back. The crowd of people shifting into their allocated positions had ended quite quickly as they all watched the scene in front. People whispered confusion, anger, and laughter being mixed around the audience. Izzy prayed to the angels that Jace would make an appearance otherwise she would, she would never let the guard take her parabatai away. As Clary's complete body made contact with the ground the other guardsman spoke "Clarissa Morgenstern your sentenced to imprisonment in the city of bones for assaulting a guardsman. The consequences of your actions are fatal, any words to say speak now before your placed under the authority of the silent brothers." "I don't regret it. I'd do it again if I had to." Clary spoke worryingly relaxed. "Well then take her away." A councillor spoke to the guardsman. Jace ran through the crowd throwing himself directly over Clary squashing her tiny body. "Jace what are you doing? Get up right now, they'll arrest you too." Clary said concerned to her stubborn, protective boyfriend. "I don't care, and I'm not letting anyone lock you up in that hell." Jace whispered in her ear. He feared something like this might have happened. "Jace move." Clary demanded. "Not a chance!" He replied. "Mr. Herondale remove yourself from the prisoner or we'll be forced to remove you ourselves and a week on clean up detention should teach you to obey and respect your elders." "Over my dead body will you lay one finger on her! And you better watch your mouth old man cause I'll put you six feet under! You got that!" Jace yelled back venom and anger in his tone. "No you watch your mouth young man. Get up or you'll have a similar fate to this one." The angry councillor demanded. "I said NO!" "Very well then 30 across his back." The old man ordered. A moment later Clary felt Jace's body lift off of hers by a fraction as not to squash her completely, as he began to get beat across the back. "By the Angel Jace! Get up and run." Clary started to wiggle her way out of Jace's grasp but not quick enough. He slide forward and dropped himself completely onto her to stop her from putting herself in danger. "I'm fine, it doesn't even hurt!" Jace reassured. Clary cried out for them to stop and she saw all her friends being held back unsure of their next move as one of the guards man threatened to shoot Jace if they made any attempts to help Jace or Clary. Clary was shaking as she heard them threaten to shoot her boyfriend as they continued to beat him. Jace being Jace kissed her on the head and repeatedly told her he was ok. The crowd cried out in a small riot to stop as they all adored or admired the two of them. They were the legends of the Shadowworld and here they were being beat because of a little assault. A portal opened and an angry looking Maryse came out followed by armed soldiers. One of the the guards man who was loyal to the Herondales called Maryse and informed her of the situation. Maryse responded to the situation immediately. "Stop this at once. Arrest them and anyone involved." The guards man beating Jace were whacked over the head and arrested along with the councillor who requested the order. Jace kissed a scared crying Clary once more before getting up and having Simon and Alec join along side him as he marched up to the guardsman and councillor and attacked them. The fight was broken up quickly but not before the boys made sure their faces were bloody. Izzy and Magnus went and comforted a shaken up Clary. She ran towards Jace and he picked her up in the air holding her close. The crowds of people stood there in shock, silence, and fear of what would come next.