Chapter 4

Published 1/1/22

No one's POV

Clary waited outside the room for about 10 minutes before the door opened and out exited a single council member. She walked through the door and ran up to her mother as her mother called out to her. Jocelyn stroked Clary's hair as they embraced each other tightly. They broke away from each other arms remaining rapped around each other and Jocelyn began to cry. Clary wiped her mother's tears "Hey, are you ok?" "I was in a meeting about your brother but I heard the news! They're really sending you away and to Idris!?" Jocelyn cried. "Hey I'll be ok, I'll be fine." Clary reassured. "Who are you trying to convince us or yourself?" It was Luke that spoke up this time. Clary said nothing. She left her mother's embrace and hugged Luke tight. She wiped her tear away as it rolled down her cheek before anyone could see it. "You may be going away where I can't check up on you but that doesn't mean you can sleep with Jace." Clary laughed at her mother's tone and demand. "We mean it Clary, don't even go into his dorm." Luke said seriously. "Ok ok. I won't." Clary said with a chuckle. Clary had to hide the fact that she slept in Jace's room from her parents. What she really had to hide from them tho was the fact that they had already done it before. (If you know what I mean😏😉).

"We don't even know if we'll end up at the same academy, or if we'll board." Clary continued this time her voice dripping pain and sadness. Luke came up to her and placed his hand over her shoulder. "Everything will work out in the end kiddo." They talked for an hour about anything and everything before it was time to leave. Izzy came and knocked on the door interrupting Jocelyn's sentence. "Hey um Clary it's time to go" "Alright thank you Iz I'm on my way" Clary gave her parents one last hug before leaving to go get her things from her and Jace's room. She entered to find Jace's luggage's but no Jace. She took one last look at the room and grabbed her things as she reached the door to leave and join the other teens, she was pressed up against the door arms snaked around her waist and a head pressed against her hair. She knew it was Jace by his scent. "Clary please! Don't leave. Don't. We'll stay here or buy a house and live there. Please we don't have to do this!" Jace pleaded and kissed Clary's head, his voice broken as flashbacks of his childhood in Alicante and the academy raced around his head. Clary turned around and hugged Jace tight. Her arms wrapped around his chest. He wrapped and arm around her waist and the other pressing her head to his chest. She cried out tears flowing freely down her face. Jace hated seeing Clary in pain especially when he couldn't or didn't know how to help. "I wish we could Jace. But we're Valentine's experiments and I'm a Morgenstern. If there's anyone they'll be looking out for it's us. We have to go." Clary cried. "Just promise me that if we get split up, we'll still be ok" Clary pleaded. "Hey! Hey... I love you! That's never going to change. Clary nothing will break us apart. Angel we thought we were siblings and we still loved each other more then we should have. Our love will never die." Jace said to Clary stroking her hair and cupping her face. She snuggled into his chest a few more minutes before they headed off to leave.