Chapter 17

Published: 2/1/22

No one's POV

Magnus and Alec had been chatting on the phone to a very distressed Caterina Loss. She had been so worried for Madzie but Magnus was reassuring her that she would be fine, he would protect her, and he wouldn't let Iris Rouse take her. Madzie lived with Caterina and every now and then she stayed with Magnus and Alec. "Thanks Magnus, I know I can always count on you." Caterina said before hanging up. "Last night when I snuck in to see how she was, she told me that she had decided to go to Alicante Infant. Max is going there, he promised me he'd look after her as well." Alec informed his boyfriend. "That was really sweet of you to check on her Alexander." Magnus said softly. "She's like a daughter to me, and she important to you so I had too." Alec said with a blush.

"Magnus." Raphael said loudly capturing his and Alec's attention. They turned to face Raphael and a girl they had never seen before. Raphael introduced Becky to Alec and Magnus and they got talking. By the time they had finished their conversation they had found out that being half werewolf and half vampire, Becky inherited/got half the features of both. Just like the werewolves she would be able to transform into a werewolf, wouldn't be affected by sunlight, gained physical werewolf strength, and had her werewolf scratch. Just like the vampires she wouldn't age, became immortal, enhanced vamp speed, and drank blood. Even though she had her werewolf scratch she also got a mix of the two downworlder marks, she got vampire teeth and bright green werewolf eyes. Although her marks only showed when she drank blood, hissed or wanted them too. Becky also had werewolf teeth but they only came out when she was transformed as a werewolf.

Clary sighed, "we got lucky, we could've been split apart." She said with a fake chuckle. "I wouldn't have let that happen. No thing or no person will ever take us away from each other, I promise you." He said husky and protective. He hugged her firmer to his body and kissed the top of her head.

"Attention everyone." Councillor Grace started. "We will begin to call lines up to the front to collect their belongings and head to the black flag to select their chosen Academy. From there you will be portalled in front of your Academy and you will wait for further instructions. You will be given information later on about dorms and subjects and uniform fittings or clothing rules. We will begin in a few minutes." "We should probably meet up with the others to discuss this." Jace said. "Yeah that's a good idea." Clary agreed. She turned in his arms and looked over his shoulder. Behind him she saw Magnus, Simon, Alec, Jordan, Aline, Bat, Maia, Izzy, Raphael, and Becky. "No need looks like they all came to us." Clary smiled looking at Jace. "Wait." She said turning back to her friends who were not far from getting to her and Jace. "What is she doing here?" Jace turned around to look at Simon's sister as Clary walked towards her. Clary ran into Becky's arms and they hugged tightly. "Becky! How.. how are you here?" Clary questioned. "I'm a hybrid now, half vampire and half werewolf." "What!" Clary said immediately leaving her grip to look at her. "How? When did this happen?" "Yesterday, I came back and I was.. well I was attacked." Becky said unphased. "By the Angel, how are you?" "I'm fine, it's just all very few to me, with Simon I knew what he was going through but I didn't feel or experience it till now so it's all very new and different, but I'll be fine." Clary hugged her again. "I'll be here for you no matter what." "Thanks Clary, you know I'm always here for you too." They all stood in a circle and discussed the academies. They didn't talk long because they had all happily agreed on attending Idris Academy. Jace hugged Clary from behind pressing her back to him and snaking his arms around just under her chest. "Then it's decided we'll all go to Idris Academy." Jace confirmed. He gave Becky a strange look as she stared at him mesmerised. Even though she had a little crush on Raphael and definitely thought he was hot, she couldn't help finding herself staring at a very unavailable hot Jace. She had heard people talking before, about his beauty and talent and popularity but she never imagined how hot and sexy he really was, she had just assumed they were all exaggerating, but that they certainly weren't. She turned her gaze from his to Raphael's, he hadn't noticed her stare as he was too busy staring at the back of her neck. "What are you doing?" She asked confused as he moved her hair to the side exposing her bear pale neck, "I'm making sure your not getting any yellow dots." "Yellow dots?" She asked half in disbelief, "yeah yellow dots. Their a sign of sickness, I wanna make sure your not dying on me." He said softly. She chuckled and turned around, "well then doctor Santiago, what's your verdict, am I dying?" "Technically your already dead being a side effect of being a vampire an all. But no, and yellow dots are no joke, I'm not kidding they'll kill you within a day." "A lot of things can kill you." She replied, "not a death like yellow dots, they kill you slowly and painfully. Within an hour of them you'll be screaming in agony. Yellow dots are very serious especially for a vampire, because even though the sunlight doesn't affect you, that's only to a certain degree, you'll feel like your whole body's on fire." Raphael said seriously, "your right that doesn't sound pleasant." "Plus I promised your brother I would protect you, which means not letting you die." He said locking their eyes. "So tough guy, you care about me?" She said teasingly, "of course your my friends sister." He said with a smirk, she took a small step closer towards him. "Is that all I am, your friends sister, or is there some other reason you care?" She said slightly seductive. "Well I guess there might be another reason." He teased. She giggled and turned to the group giving them her attention.

"Attention everyone. Please start to line up in seperate lines from shadowhunters and downworlders." Clary and Jace walked hand in hand to the back of a shadowhunters forming line. They waited in silence as the long line moved by fractions every 5 minutes. The Idris town hall was filled with roaring and bombing from talking and laughing. Of all of the claves demands Jace never thought this would be one of them. But it was happening and there was nothing to do to stop it. "I know who's dorm I'll be sharing with." Jace said wiggling his eyebrows, "as much as that sounds amazing, Izzy told me that males and females aren't allowed to share a room." Clary said disappointed, she stared at his chest and slide her right hand fingers along his bare exposed part of his chest. "And how did Izzy come across this ridicules information?" Jace questioned. "She had to seduce a guardsman, which took a lot of convincing for Simon to allow." "I told you I don't follow the rules." Jace said mischievously. She looked up at him and clawed the hem of his singlet scrunching it between her fingers in her hands. She looked at him pleading as he looked into her dangerously desperate eyes. He knew exactly what she wanted and exactly how to tease her until she begged for it. He smirked and whispered against her ear, his hot breath tingling her ear down to the pit of her stomach. "Your roommate better not mind the satisfying screams from your half of the dorm. Because if not she'll either have to get used to it or move out." He said. She gulped and gasped. He laughed at how easy he could make her react and feel a certain way. After an hour of waiting in line Jace groaned, they had barley moved he took her hand and raced to the front. She giggled in surprise, "Jace...Jace what are you doing?" She said in between giggles. "We, my perfect Angel are skipping to the front, I have patience but not for things like this." She giggled more and he stopped them both just before the front of the line. "You know you drive me crazy when you laugh like that." He growled in her ear with a nibble. She dragged him to the front ignoring the protests from people as she smirked. They grabbed their bags and held hands before stepping through the portal. When they got out of the other end they both took in the Academy and area before them in awe. It looked massive and incredible. "I'd say welcome home for us but you are my home." She whispered looking at his concentrated face as he took in all the academy architectural details. He smiled and took her face in his hands, "your my whole world Clary, my everything." He said just above a whisper, he skimmed his nose on hers and leant his forehead on hers, "I'd say guards arrest her for stealing my heart but baby you can take whatever you want from me just as long as you stay with me." He soothed. She grinned and brought their lips together closing the small gap that separated them. "I'm not going anywhere, your mine and I'm yours forever and ever, in this life and after that." She said against his lips in between kisses. They made out for a while controlling themselves not to take it any further until Jace groaned loudly into Clary's mouth from sensation. Out of annoyance and patience he couldn't contain himself any longer, ditching his self control he deepened the kiss and slide his hands down her neck to her waist then to her thighs, grabbed hard on her from her waist down. She bit down hard on his lip until she tasted the slightest bit of blood. Their tongues battles viciously together trying to taste every bit of each other and in desperation for more. Clary moaned into Jace's mouth and gripped her hands hard in his hair pulling at it as they sucked each other's face's. It drove him crazy when she tugged his hair just as it drove her crazy when he gripped hard pressing firmly on her thighs and waist. They were going at it increasing the sexual vibe at a dangerously fast rate until their heated make out session was interrupted by a male shadowhunter shaking Jace's shoulder, he looked about 2 years younger then they were. The two broke apart panting and gasping for air. "I think we're about to start." He said cautiously. "Thanks." Jace said sounding slightly irritated that he had been interrupted again in one of he and Clary's moments. "Save it for later." She said rubbing his back to calm his nerves. "Or for the bedroom." The boy muttered walking away. "How about your bedroom." Jace muttered back as the boy walked back to two other boys his age who were probably his friends. "Jace!" Clary yelled almost in a shriek of annoyance and disgust slapping his right shoulder. He rolled his eyes and turned her to face the front keeping her in his hold.