Chapter 19

Published: 2/1/22

No one's POV

Clary didn't want to admit to Jace that she was scared some girls would steal him eventually, how could she, he wouldn't ever think it would be possible but at the looks of these girls and what they wanted to do to him weather he was in a relationship or not gave Clary big warning signs. Her eyes flicked up and she saw the girl struggle to weave her way through people and walk as her heels dug deep in the snow. "What's on your mind?" He asked. "You." She replied bluntly. "Damn it." She cursed under her breath but he had heard it. What was she going to do, she thought. "There's no way I can compete with that, with any of this." She thought accidentally out loud, her voice was faint almost non existent, "what was that?" He asked and her eyes shot out wide open, what else had she said out loud, hopefully nothing else as he might have noticed and said something by now she thought. "Nothing." She replied. She saw Izzy staring at her from a ledge at the front of the crowd near by the stage Robert was on. She gave Clary a look that said, 'whatever your thinking stop it now and stop belittling yourself, your better than them.' No matter how much she wanted that to be true, to believe they were the ones out of their league she knew it wasn't true, even though it was. Clary was very self conscious of herself especially when it came to girls she thought were prettier than her but what she didn't know was that behind the scenes a lot of people took part in a list every year and Clary and Izzy always won hottest girls of the shadowworld with Jace winning hottest guy. The list was given out at the end of the year for nominations and then was send out to a bunch of people with the winners of each categories, the winners won by the most votes from people. Even if Clary had known about that list tho she probably would think it's a joke. However Clary knew she could make some people feel a certain excitement and she also knew how to tease and instigate it on purpose just to tease people. It especially worked on Jace.

Jace got a call and answered it after 2 rings. It was Izzy, although Clary couldn't hear what she was saying and she wasn't bothered to ask or use a rune to figure out what she called for, but she assumed it had to do with her so Clary was prepared for denial. Izzy had told Jace not to take his eyes off Clary and to distract her as she could sense something coming. Jace became more concerned and told her not to worry he would handle it and she replied telling him to disintegrate Clary's growing insecurities. He hung up the phone and Clary began to talk. "Whatever she said she's lying." She stated. "Uhu, and what part is she lying about exactly?" He asked with slight attitude. "All of it." "Right, so I suppose your all fine then." "Yep." She replied surprising convincing but he didn't fall for it. A blond girl stumbled forward as she almost reached Jace, Clary saw turning her view to Jace's as he was already looking at the girl, curiosity and wonder about what she looked so desperate for. Clary grabbed Jace's left hand and dragged him away fast and he slowly got a hint catching on to one possible reason she could've been upset and insure about. Usually he would smirk and tease her but he knew she was in no mood for joking around, and it probably wouldn't help with her self esteem. As she walked dragging him from behind he picked her up in the air and put her behind his head so that she was straddling his head. She shrieked, "Jace! Put me down, I'm going to fall!" He chuckled, "when have I ever let you fall?" He said with a smile. Her face went sad as the memory of him dropping her off the roof top when he was possessed by Lilith replayed in her mind. But that wasn't him, that was Lilith she thought defending him and reassuring herself. He felt her shake a bit as she tried to balance herself on his shoulders so he spun her around and slide her down until her legs rested firmly around his waist. She gasped at his swift speedy move and a lock of her hair fell lightly on her lips as they parted. He looked at her, his eyes full of desire, love, and passion. He jerked his lips into a small smile and he moved her lock of hair behind her ear and out of her face. She looked at him soft, her hands locked around his neck, she shut her eyes briefly as he creased her cheek with his thumb. She dug her nails into his skin lightly and swallowed, she breathed him in and opened her eyes. As clear as glass her eyes showed desire, love, and desperation for him, and he knew exactly what she needed, "you only have to wait for tonight." He said softly, his breath tickled her and sent tingling shivers down her body. She knew what he meant and even though she wanted it, she didn't think she deserved it or him, she looked down at the mesh of their bodies, as they stuck to each other like superglue, she closed her eyes and opened them once more breathing him in again. The nonexistent gap between them mixed their body heat radiating off each other. "Put me down please." She said sounding broken and undeserving of him and his love. He picked up on her behaviour and wild crazy thoughts as he replied, "no. I love you Clary." He said dumbfounded to why she always put herself down and never gave herself any credit or belief of deserving any love or anything good. She looked him in the eyes and searched them for a while, uncertain of what she was looking for. He rubbed his forehead against hers until he smashed his lips on hers, she was taken back slightly as he caught her off guard but after a second of realisation she kissed him back with just as much force. Clary pulled back after a few minutes attempting to control and calm her heavy deep breathing, Jace put her down but remained holding onto her protectively and possessively as if he were telling everyone in that one action that she was his and anyone wanting to try have a chance with her was dead as werewolf meat. Clary saw people staring but she didn't seem to care, all that mattered to her in that moment was Jace, his safety, and the fact that he was hers.