Chapter 14

Published: 1/1/22

No one's POV

When they reached Clary's cabin there had been no one in there. Clary gave her bags to the guardsman as he took them and brought them to where Jace's were. They made their way back to the town hall as everyone started gathering for the meeting.

"All children under the age of 13 have chosen their academies and been sent there. Now it's your turn. All names that are called up please make your way to the front immediately and line up with your bags as an Academy has been chose for you." Councillor Ursula announced. Jace and Clary held hands and crossed their fingers that neither one of them got requested an Academy. "If you get chosen there's no question I'm coming with you." Clary took a deep breath, "I'm not going to leave you either." She said. He wrapped his arm around her back and held her to his side while she brought her head to his shoulder. The problem with getting an academy picked for you was more than getting your choice taken from you, some people were put into different classes and dorms to the people who had a choice, as well as some people were banned from communicating with anyone other than the people who got their choice picked for them. No one knew why some people got a different fate or discriminated compared to others, it's just how it was.

"Simon. Over here." Izzy yelled out in the crowd to a wondering Simon. He found her waving and walked over to her. He grinned at her and gave her a short firm kiss. She turned back to the stage and Simon leaned his body against her back snaking his arms around her waist to her stomach and she interlaced their fingers. "Do you know where you want to go if you can choose?" Izzy asked. "I'm not too sure yet. I was thinking about Idris Academy so that I could get a chance of being with you. But I might have to check where everyone else is going. How about you?" Simon said in thought. "Not sure either but I'm thinking of Idris Academy." Izzy replied. "Where are all the other vampires?" Izzy asked, her dark brown eyes glistening from the reflection with the sun. "Turns out that an hour before the sun came up guardsman invaded every vampire cabin room and chipped them with a daylight protection. Then some vamps were sent to their academies just in case of a failure, so far I've heard nothing bad, and I haven't seen any vamps frying up, so that's a good sign." Simon said informatively. "That's great!" Izzy said with a big smile, "yeah although there's a catch." Simon replied breaking the excitement from Izzy's expression, "yeah there always is isn't there. What's the catch this time?" Izzy asked sounding a bit disappointed, after all this time the clave still didn't do anything out of the kindness of their hearts. "Well, if they cross a line or whatever they're d-chipped and apparently it burns like hell, the chips were also programmed and designed to only work in Idris. Is by any miracle if a vampire escapes Idris unfortunately if it's day and they're exposed to the sun, they'll fry into ash." Simon said. "Did you get chipped?" "Nope." "Thank the Angel." Izzy said.

"Good morning monkey." Magnus said in his charming cheery voice. Alec turned around and chuckled. "Good morning Mr. glitter." "Mr. Glitter?" Questioned Magnus. Alec laughed, "we'll I thought if you were going to give me names, I should give you some of my own." "Well I do like the sound of 'Mr. Glitter' but I see what your doing." Magnus said in thought. "I am not doing anything Peacock." Alec cooed grabbing Magnus's cheeks and squishing them like he was a baby. "Alight. Alexander I promise not to give you anymore cute names if you promise not to give me any ridiculous ones." Magnus said with little disgust. Alec put forward his hand and Magnus shook it. "Deal." Alec said mirroring Magnus's serious look. A moment later they both burst out with laughter. "Ok.. ok.. let's listen out fo...for the names." Alec stuttered in between laughs. They faced the front listening to the council member call out names.

Shadowhunters, warlocks, vampires, werewolves, and seelies all walked forward as their names were called. The weather had been much nicer compared to last night when they had arrived, Clary thought, even though it was still chilly it was also much warmer. Clary set herself free from Jace's embrace when someone walked past her with a sweet voice saying "meus es tu" which meant 'you are mine' in Latin. Jonathan used to say it to her when they argued about her belonging to Jace. Jonathan was always jealous of Jace, on his relationship with Clary. He wished she had loved him the way she loved Jace. No one really knew about her and Jonathan's secret encounters before he was announced dead. She had only ever told Jace, and that was after the news got out that he was dead from an explosion. Jace is very overprotective of her, he had been since the day he met her, if she had told him earlier Jace would have started a war. Although she didn't tell him all the details, she had left some of the gruesome stuff out.

She looked up at a tall woman covered in runes, blond hair and dark black eyes and tanned skin. She was staring at her while she walked to a free empty space. Clary didn't take her gaze off of her as she continued to stare at Clary. She couldn't tell what type of a stare it was as the woman's caked up face gave no emotion. Clary turned away looking at the ground in thought. It couldn't possibly be Jonathan could it, she thought. She looked back to the woman and saw her eyes completely glued on her. Maybe she was jealous of her because she had Jace, or maybe she was into her or something, but that line, it just didn't make sense. Theories ran wild in her head until the woman smirked and brought her right hand to her heart and thumped it in a rhythm of '1-2-1-2' and she froze. She turned around and looked the other way. "Shit!" She whispered. "What?" Jace said looking down at her. "By the Angel no, no no no no!" She said a little louder. She slide her hands through her hair and scrunched it. "It can't be. No. No it can't be." Clary said frantically. "Clary what's wrong? What happened?" She turned back around and saw her still staring at her. Clary clenched her jaw and stepped forward not getting any further because Jace had pulled her back and turned her to face him. "Where are you going? What happened?" Jace asked concern all over his face. "I'll be right back ok, oh and hey can I please borrow your dagger?" "Alight." He said uncertain giving her his dagger. "Would you like me to join you?" "No no I'll be right back I promise." She turned around and saw Jonathan's face twitch with the woman's. She ran through the crowd trying to get past shivering bodies.