Chapter 6

Published 1/1/22

No one's POV

The new guards man following them from behind holding their bags seemed unmoved by the recent situation, Clary thought, but then again so did the last guy and boy was she wrong about him. "Are they all like that?" Clary asked Jace as they weaved their way to find their friends. "Like what?" Jace asked, "like soldiers. Hiding all their emotions on the outside but overflowing uncontrollable emotion on the inside?" "If your asking me are they all like the last guy, the answer is no. Not all of them but some are like that. But others are taught more professionally to burry their emotions. Obviously that guy didn't get the memo. And he had no right to touch you or hurt you the way he did!" Jace exclaimed. "Or about what he said to you. But I don't understand-" Jace cut Clary off mid sentence and they both stopped walking and faced each other, "Clary, we're taught to control and hide our emotions not express them. Especially when in that line of duty. We're expected to follow out orders weather we find them wrong or not. Do you understand?" Although Jace finished with a question Clary wasn't sure if it was rhetorical. "But you did. You're taught to follow the instructions of a guardsman with no questions and yet you did the opposite." "You know I don't like to follow rules." Jace said less seriously. "But you didn't do it just for the sake of breaking the rules did you. No you let your emotions take charge and why was that!?" Clary asked. Jace breathed out heavily and glanced to the ground sliding his hand through his golden hair. "I thought you said you were taught to hide your emotions, so why did you show them. Because your human Jace." "No. It's because I love you ok." Jace confessed. "Jace your not a robot, or an emotionless G.I. JOE" "We're not mundanes Clary." Jace said firmly. "Look I agree with what you saying" Jace started as he moved a hand to cup Clary's face. "Before I met you I was a soldier. I hid all my emotions and I never let anyone in until you showed up and broke everything I believed into pieces. Ever since you walked into my life all I can do is express my love for you. You bring out the real me that I didn't even know existed. How could I ever stand by and watch you get hurt without feeling and showing emotions to that. Of course I understand where your coming from but that's not who we're brought up to be and that's why so many people who haven't found their special someone still live by that. I just acknowledge it. Otherwise what kind of relationship would this be? A work, reputation, nonsense." Clary grabbed Jace's face in her hands and firmly brought her lips to his. As the kiss began to get deeper she slide her hands into his hair grabbing at it teasingly knowing how he loves when she does it. His arms were wrapped around her waist and he groaned in satisfaction of the pleasure and annoyance that they were out in public and they wouldn't be able to do anything more. But then again he was Jace Herondale he could do whatever he wanted without caring about the consequences he thought to himself. Clary pushed herself off of Jace and they were both breathing heavily.