Chapter 8~ Breakups Suck

"Y/n. Y/n. Y/n. Y/N! WAKE UP!"

Waking up to the sound of Dante's voice has got to be the third worst thing to happen this summer. "Whaaat...?"

"You always have problems with relationships; do you think you could help me out?" he asked.

I shut my eyes. "Nope. Not with that way of questioning. Plus, I'm in recovery from my disastrous yesterday. No one's reaching me today."

He sighed. "I guess you're right. Maybe I'll call Gene over for help..."

I shot up to a seated position. "That guy has less relationship experience than me. What do you want, Dante?"

"Glad I have your attention. Okay, so—"

He was cut off by a groaning Katelyn. "Ughhh you two are being so loud! Let the sick person be..."

"She's here?" he whispered. 

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, that's just my ringtone."

He hit my shoulder. "Uh, sorry Katelyn! We'll get out of your hair."

I followed Dante out of my room to his. Grumbling, I asked, "Why were you even in our room, creep? What couldn't wait?"

"I'm not a creep, and neither is my brother. Anyways! I'm in a bad situation. Nicole is here on the island." Dante looked at me expectantly.

"Travis is the one who called Gene a creep but go off I guess. As for the Nicole thing... So what? Is she back for delayed revenge after you broke up with her?" I questioned.

Dante began sheepishly laughing. "Yeah, about that... I never broke up with Nicole."

My eyes went so huge, I thought they were gonna pop out of their sockets. "Are you kidding me? Dante, you have not been getting beach babes while still with Nicole. Katelyn already has a hit list, but you're definitely gonna be gone first. You're the closest, after all. Oh, and you're cheating on her best friend?"

"N-No! You've got it all wrong. I tried breaking up with Nicole, but it didn't work out cause she said she loved me, so I didn't wanna upset her and... I'm seeing someone else right now, and I don't want them finding out about each other!"

I shook my head. "Y'know, problems with relationships is defined as not being able to maintain or find relationships. You're having relationship problems. Big difference. I don't think I have the repertoire to help you."

"They're the same thing and you know it! Y/n, please!" Dante begged.

"I don't know Nicole or this 'beach babe'. I don't even really know Lucinda and Kawaii~chan who are staying with us. You chose the worst person for advice. Have you asked any of the guys?"

"They all told me the same thing, to tell Nicole the truth and let her down easy. Except Zane, he didn't really seem to care."

"That's literally the most obvious and best solution. Do what they said! I have no clue why you came to me."

"It's cause I needed a woman's advice...and you're the only one that probably wouldn't hate me forever or kill me." Dante rose his hands up, expecting me to hit him. I of course hit him, but only after he thought he was safe.

"You're a wimp for not breaking up with Nicole in the first place to make things easier, but I guess you can't help your genetics. Anyways, I now need two days to myself undisturbed, so you better do the right thing asap. Good luck, Dante."

I left the room with Dante shouting behind me, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT THE GENETICS THING?!"

Time to go back to sleep!