Chapter 11~ Work = Fun?

My alarm sound blared in my ears, and I quickly turned it off as I yawned. Getting up at 8:30 AM feels too cruel...but if I wanted to meet Masami— um, I mean meet up with Gene in an hour, it was necessary!

"Ughhh...what time is it...?" Katelyn groaned.

Whoops, guess my alarm woke her up... "Sorry, Katelyn! It's still pretty early morning."

"Why are you awake?"

"I have plans," I replied.

"With who in the morning?"

Oh boy... "Gene."

Suddenly she jolted to a seated position, causing Aph to make grumbling sounds. "What?"

I shrugged. "He invited me to something." I wanna burst out and say it, but she might get jealous! This is my main character moment. I get to meet my idol! Who's younger than me, but whatever, it's a two year difference!

"Hmm...okay... If anything is up, you better let me know."

I nodded. "Will do! But Gene and I are chill now, it'll be fine."

With a dismissive huff, Katelyn returned to her slumber, leaving me to get ready. By the time I finished showering, drying myself off, and everything else, it was 9:20 AM. I was standing around the kitchen after eating breakfast, figuring out the best route. Soon enough, I headed out. It amazed me how people were already out and about in high spirits so early... Maybe this is normal, and I'm just the furthest thing from a morning person.

Although that was true, I couldn't help but feel rejuvenated. Is this island really a cure? Am I just really excited to meet Masami? Do I look forward to seeing what Gene— the thought dispersed before concluding. If mornings make me feel like this here, maybe I wouldn't mind vacationing here again! If I could ever afford it... While lost in thought, I eventually arrived at Love~Love's very own record label. To my surprise, the building was on the smaller side. I mean, it's obvious that the food, drinks, and waterparks are the main focus here. It's surprising that there's a record label here at all! This made me wonder, why would Masami want to sign with a label that's so small? I could imagine it earlier in her career, but now? When she's as successful as she is? Especially since she wants to reach as many people's hearts as possible. She wants to save others...

A tap on my shoulder tore me from my deep thoughts.

"Morning," Gene greeted. "Practicing what you're gonna be saying to Masami?"

I greeted him back before sheepishly laughing, hoping to avoid the question. Thankfully, Gene moved on and led me into the building. He instructed me to sit in the break room, as he had things to take care of before showing anything off. 

I sighed as soon as he left. I needed to be occupied...the anticipation to meet Masami and the worry about her career was gonna eat me alive. Registering that I was beginning to bite my nails, I shook my head and decided to take in my surroundings. Thankfully, I was kept occupied with the album arts decorating the walls. The range between simple and intricate piqued my interest. I didn't really recognize any of the covers, and I wondered if it was possible for a nobody like me to have their art showcased. Huh, now that I think about it...I do have some very brief experience with album art.

"Hey Y/n, you do art or whatever, right?"

It was junior year and I was in study hall, my last period of the day, when Zenix approached me.

"Uh, yeah. We were kinda in the same art class all of last year," I replied.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. You listen to some hardcore music, right? So you know what cool album art looks like?"