Chapter 25~ The End of All Things

"You two are back together?!" B/n questioned.

"Yeah."

"He broke up with you once, what makes you think this time will be different?"

"The circumstances are different," I said. "We were both young then and called it quits easy." I mean, I actually fought for us during the rough patches at the beginning of our relationship in high school, but B/n doesn't need to know that. Plus, Gene had his reasons that I could never blame him for. In the end, he had no reason to fight for us if distance and being busy were hurting him, and it was out of even my hands...

B/n sighed. "You have a point, even though it was more on his terms. I know back then I didn't have the best track record for liking Gene, but I know that you've both grown up. I just need to know one thing... Are you happy with him?"

"Happy is an understatement, B/n. Being with him makes me feel whole again. He's the love of my life."

Clothed in a jacket I stole from Gene and a pair of thick pants, I huffed as I went down the stairs to the front door. I glanced again at my phone and shook my head, a slight smile on my face.

Gene: Can u open the door pls pls pls :(
Gene: It's cold :((

He can be so stupid sometimes. I love him. I unlocked the front door and before me, coated in snow, was Gene. Freshly fallen snow piled on the ground, and as pure and beautiful as it is, I slammed the door shut upon Gene's entrance.

He pulled me into a hug while shivering and teeth chattering, a problem surely avoidable if he wore a coat, but no, he was only in a long-sleeved shirt. Despite my jacket, I too, found myself shivering.

The past few days I was complaining about the slush and the relentless temperature drops, and six inches of snow was not any sort of solution. It'll turn all gray and icky soon anyway...

"I'm happy to see you, too, but you're like— transferring your cold to me!" Getting snow on me, too...

He let go of me and ruffled my hair. "The real point of the hug, dork."

I narrowed my eyes at him as I smacked the snow off his head and shoulders. 

"Ow! A bit rough, don't you think?"

"Seems to be a preference of yours," I said, petting his head. "You could get sick with how underdressed you are... What would you have done if I didn't answer? Kawaii~chan and Katelyn aren't home." I turned around and led him to the living room.

"I'd go to Dante's?"

"Oh, right..."

I asked him the reason for his unexpected visit, and he explained that Zenix kicked him out cause he was planning a date night with Sasha. As of September 29th, while Gene and I were off to my parents place for my sister's birthday, those two got together. Err— back together, I guess. According to Gene, they were on and off for a few years and it made him sick

"Anyways, what are you up to?" he asked.

"My last commission of the year," I replied.

"Can I see?"

I nodded, sped off to my room, and came back down with my drawing tablet. I tapped into my unfinished work, which had just the sketch done. Upon closer examination... It's supposed to be Yato from Noragami, BUT THE HEAD LOOKS LIKE GENE. I couldn't even hide it from him, as my tablet was sitting in my lap.

"It looks amazing. My Irene are you talented!" Gene exclaimed. "But uh...did someone commission me wearing a tracksuit with a scarf?"

"Thanks for the enthusiasm, but...I screwed up." I placed my tablet to the side. "I'll get back to it later."