Chapter 13~ I'm Feelin' Twenty Tw- Five. Twenty Five.

How quickly July 29th arrived. I guess I'm 25 now, or halfway to 50 as Dante so kindly reminded me. The reminder made me a bit unsettled, as I realized that 25 was kinda a milestone birthday, and I wasn't with my family. But then again, maybe 25 years is more of an anniversary thing. Regardless, I knew my sister thought of it as a pretty big deal, judging by her messages she sent at exactly 12 AM. It was half past 12 PM, and I finally got around to replying to her as well as F/n and my other friends.

S/n: HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY🥳🥰🤪‼️‼️
S/n: this would've been the 10th birthday in a row we've celebrated together but oKaY be gone the whole summer 
S/n: love you tho!! have a great day, be sure to call around 7 so we can still kinda celebrate!

Y/n: THANKSSSS HOORAY FOR BEING OLD 💔 love you too!! sorry for replying late btw, I went to sleep early 😴 I haven't been awake for long lol

S/n: not u replying 12 hours later- how long were u asleep 😭 OH WELL!! anyway, got plans with ur friends?

Y/n: nah, we just had lunch out together a little bit ago to celebrate

S/n: girllll- did u get cake?

Y/n: ayo?

S/n: I- NAURRR aDJhdEjhd

Y/n: nah, no cake- I told them I didn't want much

S/n: AND THEY LISTENED? ur friends suck fr

Y/n: no they don't omi

S/n: 🙄
S/n: anywayz, make them celebrate u today and have fun 🤬 talk to you around 7 okay⁉️

Y/n: alright, sounds good!

"What'cha doin?" Aph appeared on the couch next to me.

I shrugged. "Nothing much, was just texting my sister. Thinking about watching TV, I got a few shows I'm behind on."

"Pshhh, it's your birthday! We should go out and do something!"

"I mean, we already went out for lunch and Garroth's giddiness got a bunch of waiters to sing me happy birthday, which was mortifying, so I think I'm good! Plus, the last time I went out with you, I got pushed into an unsuccessful date, and then that date led me into another failed date."

"You could've declined either of those dates, just saying!" Aph shook her head. "Come onnnn! Katelyn will come, too!"

"If you really say so, we can go out."

"Okay!" she squealed. "I'll go get Katelyn and we can go...somewhere!"

Aph did as she said, and the two of us, joined by Katelyn, headed out.

"So...where are we going?" I asked.

"It's your birthday, so you should decide!" Aph exclaimed.

"We've explored all of the island by now... Maybe we could just walk along the beach?" I suggested. "I'll miss the ocean for sure, but I kinda miss back home," I admitted.

Katelyn sighed. "Can't say I relate... It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that we're going home in a few days."

"Speaking of home...can I be honest about something?" I questioned.

Aph glanced over at me. "Of course, what's up?"

"My best friend wants to live with her girlfriend, and I kinda don't have a home to go back to. Unless I move back in with my family, cause I don't have enough money to live on my own."

"That's...definitely a problem," Katelyn said. "I mean, if it's okay with Aph you could—"

"YOU SHOULD MOVE IN WITH KAWAII~CHAN, KATELYN AND I!!!" Aph exclaimed.