Chapter 22~ Worry About You

"YOU TWO ARE IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER?!" F/n screamed.

A month had passed since Gene and I visited my family and the maid café came into fruition. I thought it was about time to catch F/n up on everything, so I decided to face time her. She was the last on my checklist, as I had just gotten back from talking with B/n. "We were together for almost two weeks at that point, but it's been a month and a half now, and it's definitely true! I don't know what I'd do without him..."

"Awww you're going red. The overly cautious Y/n is long dead now, hm? I'm so happy for you!! So when's he proposing?"

I nearly choked on my drink, causing F/n to laugh. "He hasn't even told his family about us yet! Plus, we haven't had—"

"Saving yourself for marriage?"

"No! I mean— Whenever the time's right! It's almost happened a few times, but we tend to get interrupted. He's also been really busy recently."

"Surprised nothing happened prom night after you told me you two were home alone at his place."

"At his parent's place, where they could've come home unexpectedly. Why are you bringing up back then all of a sudden!" Something definitely happened, but it'd be awkward to tell F/n... It's not like he and I went all the way or anything.

"You're just funny when you're embarrassed!" F/n sat her chin in the palm of left hand, and a shiny object caught my eye, causing me to gasp.

"ARE YOU ENGAGED?!"

"Of course I am, I'm talking to you!"

"F/N????"

She rolled her eyes. "No, I'm wearing a diamond ring for fun. It took you long enough! I thought you were the attention to detail type..."

I was so caught up with telling her my news! "Well— whatever! Oh my Irene! CONGRATS!!! HOW'D IT HAPPEN? WHEN'S THE WEDDING?!"

"Y'know those stories where the two propose at the same time? We were out for the weekend, and it just kinda happened on Saturday! As for the wedding, we're thinking the end of June, which gives us nine months."

So it's only been two days! And man, September's already ending next week... "That's so CUTE!! AHHH I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Is Sydney on board with your dream destination wedding?"

"They are!! It also helps that their parents are rich." F/n giggled. "We haven't really told anyone, even our family, so keep it a secret for me! We're planning on having close friends and family over this Friday to announce it. Oh! While we're talking...would you wanna come?"

"OF COURSE! What kinda bff would I be if I didn't? Are you inviting the rest of our friend group?"

"I'm gonna be honest, I'm not that close with them anymore... Yeah, we saw them New Year's, but I'd probably only be inviting Lucas. Also, just so you're aware, Gene's family would be there, too."

The last time I talked to Lucas, we argued. Ugh...but more importantly, Gene's family?! "I thought you weren't that close with them... You didn't let me know anything about Gene when we broke up."

"That's cause no one knew about what Gene was up to. He went M.I.A. for a while, remember? Even if I did know anything, I wouldn't have told you. It'd make you too upset..."

Oh yeah, I do remember Dante mentioning that he thought Gene was going through something and that he hadn't talked to him in a while when vacation first started. I wonder if it was the loneliness of college or if there was something else... Other than a few stories from college and the unfortunate passing of a cat he adopted after college, he hasn't really talked about himself.