Chapter 17~ Start Anew

The people you surround yourself with tend to have a major effect on your life, like...hang out with Aph and co, and you get your home and all of your belongings blown up!

Yeah, so apparently since we weren't home all summer, and F/n was mostly at Sydney's place...some idiot got to decide that it was okay to destroy our neighborhood, cause why not! I was always wary of politicians, but I can say with confidence I outright hate our mayor. The group was all scrambled about, and we were in the process of looking for a neighborhood that could house all of us. As for me, I had just returned to our hotel from meeting with F/n at Blue Jay's to collect some things of mine she happened to take with her, in case there was a break in. I recounted the tumultuous tale of witnessing the destruction of our once shared home, while she stared at me with huge eyes and a dropped jaw. We also took the time to catch up and part ways, as we'd no longer be living together or close by anymore. It was a sad parting, but as I had been bracing myself for it, I wasn't affected much.

Hm, I did cover everything that I needed to, right? I entered my room and met eyes with Gene, who had his eyes trained on the door, as if waiting for his prey. Crap, Gene! We didn't mean it to happen, but no one except Katelyn, Kawaii~chan, and Nicole knew that he and I were dating. Neither Gene nor I knew how to really bring it up, but come on, this is F/n! How did I miss bringing something as important as dating Gene up?

"What spoils did you manage to pick up?" Gene asked.

"My laptop and drawing tablet."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, F/n wouldn't exactly bring my stuffed animals and collectables while she visited her girlfriend," I retorted. "What have you been up to? Seems to be riveting stuff."

"I was trying to see if I could convince Sasha and Zenix to live with me once we find a neighborhood, as I can't afford living alone. Was also trying to plan out stuff relating to work and all that. Kinda difficult to find a building when you have no idea where you're gonna live."

"Huh. Seems smart. I said I would but...I haven't thought about work at all. Wait, didn't you live with Sasha and Zenix before moving to Love~Love? Can't you just move back in with them?"

"I mean, I could, but I'd rather be closer to you."

I found myself smiling. "It would definitely make things easier, but...it definitely is an expensive choice. A-Anyways, it'd be interesting if Sasha and Zenix lived on the same street as the rest of us. Haven't talked to them in ages! Oh, by the way...do they know?"

"About...?"

"Us?" I questioned.

"They definitely have heard of me, and I think they haven't forgot about you."

"Y'know what—"

"They don't know about the things we do, and they don't know about the I love you's. Got it?"

"I can't believe you just quoted a One Direction song, but yeah! Got it. That's a relief."

He furrowed his brows. "Why's that?"

"I...didn't tell F/n."

"There's a difference here, Y/n. You actually saw your best friend in person. I haven't seen either of mine yet."

"If we're using that logic, why doesn't Dante know yet?" I countered.

"Because it's Dante. Have you met him?"

"Hmm...okay, call it even."

Gene shook his head. "Yeah, no. Not even close, but I'll let it slide."