Chapter 16~ Fireworks

Katelyn dragged me to her room, with Kawaii~chan tagging along.

Nicole, who was laying on her bed, looked alarmed. "What's...going on here?"

"Y/n is getting back with her ex!"

"We barely even officiated anything when you dragged me away," I shot back. "We're adults now, Katelyn!"

Nicole shook her head. "I made the same mistake with Dante. We dated back in high school."

"No offense, but Dante's a bit...how should I say this...stupid. Gene and I didn't end on bad terms, so I don't see the problem."

"Y/n, just what, two weeks ago you were saying how you thought it was stressful to be thought of as anything more than friends. Then, on your birthday you had the passing thought that there might've been something there, before saying to forget it, and now?"

"I can't control how I feel!" I snapped. And there were more instances of confusion! I just kept them to myself...

"Katelyn~sama, Kawaii~chan thinks you're overreacting!"

"You're just saying that cause you ship them!"

Nicole sighed. "Guys, calm down! If Y/n is sure about this, then it's her call."

"I've never been more sure about something," I said.

"But you don't even know what he's been up to all these years!" Katelyn argued. "Like if he's been in any relationships or..."

"That stuff isn't that important to me, but we'll find that out about each other as we go out. Katelyn, you're my friend, so I really need you to know that it's going to be okay."

"But...first Aph, and now you?"

"Even if Gene and I start dating, I'm still gonna be living with you and Kawaii~chan! It'd be way too fast for anything else," I assured. "I wouldn't be abandoning you or anything."

"If Aph says yes, that is... Ugh, fine. If you say so! But if he hurts you again, I will end him." She sighed. "So...what's the plan for tonight?"

"Well...Gene wanted to make plans with me, and I know you asked first, but—"

Nicole cut me off, giggling. "I got Katelyn covered, don't you worry Y/n."

I flashed her a grateful smile. "Thanks. And Katelyn, I'm sorry. I just really want to spend more time with Gene."

"Just...be careful, Y/n." Her eyes suddenly widened. "THERE IS NO WAY YOU TWO ARE SHARING A ROOM ANYMORE!"

My shoulders jumped and I felt my face grow warm. "W-We wouldn't be sharing the same bed! There's two separate ones for a reason!"

"Yeah, but you can't trust men! You're sleeping next to me for the rest of the cruise."

"Katelyn!"
"Katelyn~sama!"

I glanced at Kawaii~chan before sheepishly laughing. Well, at least I know someone is on my side. Despite how strange it might be...

Katelyn glared at me before leaving the room. I let out a sigh of relief before I heard her shouting Gene's name. Oh boy. Our rooms are right next to each other, so Katelyn was already berating Gene.

"IF YOU THINK FOR EVEN A SECOND THAT YOU'RE GONNA BE SHARING A ROOM WITH Y/N, YOU'RE DEAD WRONG! I know what you're up to."

"Following our room assignments and spending time with the girl I love?" Gene questioned.

Love?! I shook my head. "Wh-What happened to chill summer vibes Katelyn? You can't let all that relaxation dissipate! You gotta let it carry over for when we get home!"