Chapter 5~ Rekindle an Old Flame

New experiences and new people. That was what I was expecting, stepping foot on Love~Love Paradise. I really only got one of those things so far. Running into Teony and Ivy should make it clear which 'new' I've encountered. Don't get me wrong, they're great people, although I didn't know that in high school, but why? This has been too many people from the past for me to handle! Next I'll meet...I don't know, Gene. My Irene would that be awkward. There's not a chance I'd actually see him here, right? That's just too much high school for about a week on this island! I've also been desperately wanting to escape him and his sudden annoying clutches on my mind. That's what I get for not having serious relationships and letting people in all the way!

At the moment, everyone was in the main room. The girls were talking to Teony while the boys were talking amongst themselves, occasionally joining in on the girls' conversation. I was sitting to the side with Ivy, just listening in. There was obvious friendship and history between the girls, so I wasn't able to really join in. As for Ivy, there was some drama and bad blood between her and Aph, so she couldn't really share the same nostalgia all the other girls felt.

Ivy and I would've stayed in silence, but she caught me glancing at her, causing me to sheepishly laugh. Gosh I hate when people catch my glances! They don't know it was a glance, making me seem like I was staring...

"I don't think I ever got your opinion of me in high school, Y/n," Ivy began. "I remember you'd talk and be nice to me, though. I don't think you really saw my bad sides..."

I shrugged. "I didn't think of you negatively then. All I knew about you was that you liked Garroth a lot, and I didn't get in your way, so..." Rather not make her feel bad about herself, since she's definitely changed and became...humble? "It was high school. Like you said when you were apologizing to Aph, you were boy crazy, and we were all a bit stupid then. I understand, Ivy."

"Thanks. It means a lot."

Our conversation was cut short when Teony brought a query to me.

"So, Y/n, how's life been?" she asked. "I never really talked to you in high school, and the few times I did run into you weren't the best of reasons."

Hah... Teony was such a star student that probably got fed up seeing my face around. She caught me skipping class quite a few times and...showing acts of PDA, even though that only happened when I was skipping, so it wasn't exactly public.

Dante laughed. "I think everyone here knows that Y/n wasn't such a good girl."

"I just wanted to take part in a lot of the high school life," I mumbled. No big repercussions and all that... 

Teony gave a reassuring smile. "Aw, don't worry. I don't hold it against you. After all, you did do quite a bit of good. Plus, if you're hanging out with Aphmau I'm sure you're a good person."

I smiled back. "You won't regret saying that. I look forward to getting to know you better."

"I'd like that," she replied. "Now, back to current life." She beckoned me to reveal my current endeavors, to which I willingly shared, minus a few personal details, like getting fired. I don't want too many people knowing my many turmoils, especially Teony and Ivy, who are almost strangers to me.

"Oooh. So you have a date coming up? Are you looking for anything serious?" Teony asked.

For some reason Dante focused his attention on me with Teony's question. I twiddled my thumbs. Is he expecting a specific answer from me? Also, why are we pressing into my love life? Don't we want to avoid that after Ivy's breakup?

Regardless, I answered, "I mean, I don't expect much from my blind date, but I do want a serious relationship. I had a few relationships through college but nothing too meaningful. I'm not looking to settle down exactly, cause people usually go through a few serious heartbreaks before finding the one."