Chapter 21~ Business Proposal

The heat of summer didn't seem to let up despite being the end of August. I sighed as I stirred lemonade mix in a tall glass of water. I wonder what Gene's up to...

"Dude, I think you're good on the stirring."

My shoulders jumped at the sound of Katelyn's voice.

"You've been in la-la land for the past two weeks, what's up?" she asked.

"Oh, I'm not sure you'd wanna hear," I said with a giggle.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm starting to think I don't, but just to give that spoon a break..." She took a seat at our dining table and grabbing my lemonade, I sat across from her.

"So, y'know how Gene and I visited my—"

"WAAGHHHHHH!!!" Cutting me off completely was a demonic squelch from the living room.

Katelyn and I looked at each other with horrified expressions. Was that... Kawaii~chan?!

"Uh, nice story, Y/n, but I forgot that I have to get to work early!" Katelyn sprung out of her seat and flung open the fridge, grabbing her lunch box. "You should probably check on Kawaii~chan... Anyways, see you later!" And just like that, she was out the door.

I didn't even get to start my story! I quickly chugged my lemonade and dashed over to Kawaii~chan who was sitting on the ground with her laptop and a notebook. 

"What's wrong?"

"Kawaii~chan was supposed to find potential workers for Aphmau~senpai's future maid café while her and Aaron~kun are out looking for a building, but I haven't found anyone interested! They've been gone for like, three hours... Y/n~chan, you have to help! Would you be interested in working?!"

I grimaced. "As like, a maid? I wish I could help, but I'm not sure that's my scene, Kawaii~chan..."

"Please, Y/n~chan! Or if you know anyone willing to help, potential maid or butler."

Hmmm... Gene in a butler uniform... Ahem. I mean... If the building Aph and Aaron find is big enough, he could use the top floor for his record label, too, so it could be convenient... Butler by day, and my butler by nigh— Erm. Butler starting out, to record label executive when more people apply at the café. It'd help put his face out there and build character! Oh my Irene, it's the first time I've used my brain in two weeks! I'm a genius. "I think I know a guy."

*~o~o~o~*

"I like the idea of the maid café and record label shared space, but I am not working as a butler."

I invited Gene over to discuss Kawaii~chan and I's proposal, but unfortunately, he wasn't a fan.

"Gene~kun, please! Aphmau~senpai told me she found a place, so she's gonna be back soon! I want to have at least one person ready for her to interview!"

He shook his head. "Y/n, I love you, but how are you the one that suggested this?"

"I love you too, hehe." I cleared my throat. "I just think it'd be hot to see you...gain attraction from the public and develop a reputation, which would help you achieve your dreams!"

"You do realize I'd have a bunch of people ogling me and trying to get my number?"

"Didn't you say I was the only one to call you hot? It'll be fine!"

"You're the only one that's ever called me pretty, not hot," he retorted. "If you want me to dress up, you can just ask."

I turned to Kawaii~chan, my hands locked over my knee. "Only I'm allowed to flirt with my client and call him hot, sexy, the man of my dreams, etc. He doesn't seem to be a good fit for what you're looking for."

"What about you both work at the maid café? You could have a couples gimmick!" KC suggested.

What is this, Ouran High School Host Club?!

"If you're worried about the customers, Aphmau~senpai and I will be sure to put in firm anti-harassment policies. Any disturbing customers will be dealt with! After all, we're starting this business because she and I've worked at a maid café before, so we know what it's like. We had to leave because of our boss..."

So does that immediately ban Travis from the vicinity? Also, thank Irene I'm not the only one that's unemployed.

"If Y/n does it, I'll do it," Gene said, glancing at me.

My face contorted. "You're putting this on me...?"

Kawaii~chan looked at me with sparkly eyes, which were only enhanced by their golden hue. I eventually sighed and gave in.

"YAYYY!! Now, at last, Kawaii~chan...can rest..." Her eyes fluttered shut and she collapsed to her side. Thankfully, it was onto our rug.

I had to pry my eyes off of Kawaii~chan's almost unmoving body before turning to Gene, who had his eyes glued to me. He didn't seem to realize that I noticed, until I hugged my body and exclaimed, "Stop undressing me with your eyes!"

His face turned red and he was spluttering to get his words out. "I wasn't! I mean, I was imagining you...in a maid outfit. For WORK purposes."

I leaned toward Gene, with narrowed eyes. "Are you sure it was for work purposes, ma—" Kawaii~chan's collapsed form in the corner of my vision caused me to cut myself off and sit back.

Gene smirked. "What was that last part?"

I looked down, my face red-hot, but Gene grabbed my chin to make me meet his eyes. Before I could react, he stole a kiss. I once again dropped my eyes.

"Upstairs, now," I mumbled.

"Are you sure?" he questioned.

I smacked his leg. "Kawaii~chan mentioned something about an interview. It's with Aph, but I still want to prepare."

"Ouch, okay, well you didn't have to hit me."

Springing to my feet, I held my hand out. "I'll make it up to you."

He stood up, grabbed my hand, and pulled me in. "I'll look forward to it." His expression faltered. "Uh. Are we leaving Kawaii~chan on the ground?"

"She's like a cat, so sleeping on a rug should be fine?"

"She's also more human than cat, so..."

"Hmm... I guess you're right."

We moved her to the couch, then went upstairs to practice. Although...we didn't get anywhere. Gene was too determined to roleplay, with me as the server and him as the customer. He critiqued me and said that I was supposed to call the customer 'master', even though he'd skin alive an actual customer if I called them that. Admittedly, I went along with Gene's scenario without protest, and my shirt might've almost come off if it wasn't for Aph ringing the doorbell.

For lack of better words...he and I were getting impatient. There's a time and place, no need to rush.

After greeting Aph and inviting her in, we explained that Kawaii~chan struggled to find people for the maid café, and that we were willing to help out. In the end, Aph decided to scrap the interview idea for now, as she was gonna start off with help from everyone that was willing to help on the street. At some point, I was phased out of the conversation as the topic of the building Aph found came up, and Gene proposed my idea for shared usage. He drew me in as he spoke, and I found myself smiling. I love how passionate he is. I should figure out my next move, too. Helping Aph is gonna be a lot of work, but I should try to get back on track with my art!
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: thinking abt kang tae-moo...iykyk

to anyone reading this as chapters come out, sorry for my almost two week break...I got very busy with back to school stuff and my first week of school I already got so much homework 😭

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow🎮