Chapter 3~ Coincidence? I Think Not

"Y/N! WAKE UP GURL!"

Aphmau had woken me up by being as noisy as possible, but I'm not too sure who suffered more, me or her. Upon her shouting, I let out an ear-piercing scream that I'm sure the entire resort could hear. My scream was so shocking that Aphmau toppled over and stared at me with wide eyes.

"A-Aphmau! Are you okay?!" I leaped off the couch and to the poor girl's side.

Aphmau, still in a daze managed to mumble out, "I'm just...very shook right now... I never knew you could scream that loud... Also, whydoyoustillcallmeAphmauwehomies call me Aph."

I helped Aphm- Aph up, and she dusted herself off. Seconds later, Aaron burst into the room.

"Babe! What did you do?!" he demanded.

In return, Aph gasped. "Why'd you assume I did something?! Y/n's the one that scared the heck out of me!"

"You shouldn't have shouted at me to wake me up!" I retorted.

"We're here to relax and have a good time! What did you need Y/n awake so badly for?" Aaron asked Aph.

Aph placed the back of her hand on her forehead and leaned against me. "We made plans last night, and it seems...Y/n wants to sleep through them...!"

Aph, Katelyn, and I were rooming together, which meant for late night planning. "Sorry, I had trouble sleeping last night and slept in! There's plenty of time left in the day. I'll freshen up and we can leave immediately!"

She hummed in agreement before looking up at me with a mischievous grin. "You missed breakfast, and Aaron was the one cooking, so...I ate your share." And with that, Aph ran off, leaving me dumbfounded.

Aaron sighed and massaged his temple. "Don't worry Y/n, I made an extra serving just in case... Make sure to eat before heading out."

I sheepishly laughed. "Thanks, Aaron."

"No problem. I'll leave you to get ready. As for me... I'm gonna have to chase Aph down." Aaron gave his closing statement and left the room, leaving me to get ready.

I took my time with my morning routine and eventually reached the front door where Aph was waiting. Once she noticed me, she began twiddling her thumbs together.

"Sorry for yelling at you to wake up... It's been a while since us two hung out! Our schedules never seem to meet up!" Aph exclaimed.

To use our day efficiently, we began walking to our chosen destination, the mall. We didn't really have money to spend, so we were only window shopping. Aph told me there was an anime shop inside and she wanted to check it out with me, among other shops. While we walked about, we chatted about the chaotic morning. 

"It's fine. You just got me a bit spooked... I have bad experiences waking up like that, truth be told." My gosh were my friends evil... I was the youngest of the group, and they were the meanest to me! "I'm surprised I haven't gone deaf yet."

"My mom used to yell at me a lot in the mornings to get out of bed, so I feel you. What's your story?"

"Well, my childhood friends, who are all older than me, are jerks," I began. "When we still had group sleepovers, I always slept the longest, but was a sensitive sleeper. My friends would purposefully tiptoe around me when they woke up and think up things to shout at me to wake me up. This one time, my friend Lucas shouted crude things at me, causing me to cry and...attack him. His mom screamed at me for attacking Lucas and according to her, ruining his perfect face."

Aph began laughing. "That's so mean, but— Pffftttt! Imagining you attacking someone when you were little—"

I joined in on her laughing. Although it was annoying that my friends played pranks on me at the time, it doesn't bother me looking back on it.

Two Sides to Every Love (Gene x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara