Chapter 1~ Relationships

Y/n's POV
I wonder if he was gonna show up at all.

After waiting at Blue Jay for twenty-three minutes, it seemed unlikely. The establishment was in complete silence, other than the clicks of utensils against plates. The only other noise was the rain that had abruptly started a couple minutes ago.

Suddenly, there was a loud ring, signaling that someone had entered the coffee shop. I glanced up to see who it was.

Oh, finally, he decides to show up.

Drenched from head to toe, B/n (brother's name) dragged himself over to where I was sitting. I looked him up and down before narrowing my eyes.

"You do realize you're—"

"Late. Yes, I know."

"Twenty-three minutes, to be exact." I skated a finger around the rim of my cup, of which contents I had drank a while ago.

"Why are you so uptight today?" B/n asked. "Finally grasping how difficult being an adult is?"

I've been an adult for how long now?! "Don't patronize me. And I'm doing just fine. F/n (friend's name) always helps with her part of the bills, I have a stable job that I—"

"Don't lie to yourself, sis. You might have your best friend, but you're missing something, or perhaps someone else?"

"Shut up, B/n," I muttered. "Showing up late and then pissing me off!"

"Hmm... How long has it been since you've last dated?" he egged on.

I rested my head on the table. "I seriously don't get how you're married..."

"Don't change the topic. Y/n, there are plenty of people on your street. Why don't you go on a date with one of them?"

I pretended to throw up. "They're my friends, B/n." And that requires mutual interest?! 

"What about Lorelei?" He began to laugh.

"Laurance and I...dated briefly in college, remember?" And then I had to screw things up. I took a deep breath. "Also, Laurance lives on my street. You know this!" 

"Well, that was early in your college life. Maybe you should try again," B/n suggested.

"Nooooo!" I furiously shook my head. "Laurance and I are good friends, and I like it that way."

"What about the girls on your street? Cause I already know what you'll say if I suggest Garroth..." He spoke in a mocking tone, "'He's Laurance's best friend!' Gosh, you're killing me, Y/n."

"Most of the girls have a thing with a guy already, or I don't know them that well. I don't need to be dating anyone! It's fine. Can we talk about something else?"

B/n sighed. "I tried. Is there anyone I'm missing that I could bring up...? You know too many people nowadays."

Please don't... You're killing ME with this.

"What about Dante?"

I dropped my jaw. "Really? The brother of the guy I've had the longest relationship with. Also, dating a girl named Nicole."

"How am I supposed to know or remember these things?" B/n questioned.

I shut my eyes tight and my hands curled into fists. "Just...shut up."

"Y/n, the whole point of us hanging out is to talk," he reminded. "You're the one who chose to hang out at Blue Jay's, too."

"I would love to talk about something other than my love life," I remarked.

B/n snickered. "You mean your nonexistent one?"

He's such a child! How is he four years older than me? I was a bit cringe from time to time as A TEEN! But now? "You know what? Maybe we should cut this short. I already paid, so I'll see you another time." I got out of my seat and had my eyes set on the door.

B/n called after me, but I wasn't in the mood anymore. I pushed past the door and began walking home. I have a headache...

*~o~o~o~*

As soon as I stepped foot into F/n and I's house, my nerves vanished. There was a pleasant aroma, hinting to me that candles were lit. I picked up on soft music playing, and then...some giggling. From the bathroom. Oh my Irene, the headache is back. I bolted to our medicine cabinet, grabbed some aspirin and ran upstairs to my room.

Everywhere I go there are couples! Why can't I escape them... I flopped onto my bed and curled up. I love F/n and her girlfriend, but I could've done without hearing them taking a bath together. My best friend since childhood... Ugh, she's hot, but she's unmistakably taken! Not an image I need to or should be putting into my mind.

Maybe B/n is right... Do I need a significant other? I shook my head. I'm fine with being single! There isn't anyone for me to even date.

...That's exactly why I need to go out more and stop brooding.

NO! No. Y/n, you're busy with your job, paying bills, and maintaining friendships.

I pulled out my phone upon hearing it chime. B/n had texted me, but I didn't bother reading it. He's making me think things are worse than they actually are. Without a second thought, I skated through my phone, blocking him on everything. Even still, I couldn't block out his words as I ended up thinking about my past relationships, namely the one with Gene, while listening to music. Apparently I only deserve misery, as "All Too Well (10 Minute Version)" by Taylor Swift began playing through my room.

Why do I have to think about Gene again...?
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: Going back to edit chapters I WROTE IN 2020!! is funny cuz the song mentioned was "Amnesia" by 5SOS but I changed it even tho ATW 10 Minute Version wasn't even out when I began writing this! Also from the last book Y/n is confirmed to listen to TS so...Taylor Swift is forever 🥰 I haven't really listened to 5SOS in a whileee tbh

YOU MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST CHAPTER!! CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow🎮