Side Story 1~ OKAY I PULL UP

You would think after smiling for a thousand pictures my face would begin to hurt, and you'd be right. Luckily, wedding pictures have a lot of "candid" cute ones! Posing with and looking lovingly at Gene was a bit awkward in front of our photographer, but they're probably used to it. I didn't exactly have to try to have stars in my eyes looking at my husband! It's just...PDA, y'know? Bleugh. The group photos weren't too bad, either! My smiles came from a combination of genuine joy and my ever-growing experience of being cheery at the maid café. Why don't I quit? Especially when Gene already has? Well...living solely on commissions is too risky, and how could I possibly quit on Aph?!

Speaking of Aph, I think I know who's gonna be getting married next~ BUT, today is Gene and I's day!! The mere mention of another couple...as I am currently "talking" to one, B/n and his wife. Did they ask me something? I should probably stop spacing out.

"The ceremony was beautiful, and so is the reception!" G/n said. "You must've had an amazing planner."

Gene placed a hand on my shoulder and grinned from ear to ear. "Y/n did most of the planning, with some help from her mom."

"Gene and I put together ideas, and I ended up sketching everything out. My mom helped with vendors," I explained. Our main colors were white for the table cloths, gold chairs, midnight blue for the table runners and napkins, and pink for the floral table centerpieces.

B/n's eyes widened. "Dang sis! Knowing you, your sketch matches the hall perfectly... That'll make a good memento."

I dropped my eyes to the ground and smiled. I guess I'm kinda talented~ 

The couple excused themselves to talk to my parents, leaving me to search the room for Maria; the mention of Mom reminded me of her. Upon spotting her, Gene and I made conversation. We didn't have our photographer for long, so we didn't have much time to chat at the ceremony.

"I'm sorry about Dante, you two. I kept asking to hear his speech, but he wouldn't tell me anything!" Maria exclaimed.

Gene rolled his eyes. "Mom, I heard you laugh."

"Well...it was funny! I just felt a bit bad, that's all. You weren't the easiest teenager, y'know."

He sighed. "Yeah, yeah, I know..."

I hugged his arm. "I'm glad I made you constantly smile~ You do the same for me."

"Aww, you still make me constantly smile, dork."

I'm gonna be called dork for the rest of my life... "Never mind, you bring me constant anguish."

Maria laughed. "C'mon, you two! The honeymoon stage is supposed to last at least two months; it can't be over with after just an hour!"

"Yeah, honey, you shouldn't be mean to me!" Gene remarked.

"Sorry, honey." I looked past Maria and met eyes with Katelyn, who was standing with Kawaii~chan, Travis, and Zane. I never realized how many couples there are! KC and Zane got together relatively recently, but they're pretty cute! A bit unexpected if you ask me, but Zane's warmed up over the years, and KC toned down a bit, so I guess they make sense?

Katelyn beckoned me over, so I left Gene's side and met with the group.

"I feel like I got to see the beginning of you two... I feel kinda warm and stuff," Katelyn said.

"You almost delayed the beginning of Gene and I," I retorted. "Glad to see you soften up."

"I could've been able to prevent you two if you didn't suddenly have a way with words."