fortynine

*not edited, excuse mistakes*

Indya BrownSaturday, June 19th12:22 pm📍 Starbucks

Indya Brown
Saturday, June 19th
12:22 pm
📍 Starbucks

I sat in the parking lot of Starbucks seeing Nia already sitting inside doing something on her phone.

I took a deep breath before stepping out and walking inside.

"Welcome to Starbucks." One of the employees said. I sent them a smile before turning my attention to Nia who was already looking at me.

I sat down in front of her before a weird silence took over. I took this as my chance to start the recording.

"You ordering anything?" She asked me.

"No I already ate." I lied.

"Alright well I just wanted to apologize for everything I've done to you. All the unnecessary shit I talked and the things I've said on social media. I did a lot of things to you out of jealousy when you didn't deserve it. I just don't want us to go the rest of my life without apologizing to you. Dime too but mostly you." She explained.

"Well I can't speak for Dime but I appreciate the apology. We're all grown now and should let the past be the past for the most part." I said.

"Yeah I agree but it seems like some of the mistakes I made I can't escape them." She told me.

"Really? Like what?" I asked.

"I've come into contact with bad people in order to get what I want but it's all starting to backfire. But I guess it's what I deserve." She said. I nodded.

"I just wish I could go back and do things differently, you know?" She said.

"But you can't. You have to live with the decisions you make and it's going to continue to follow you. You were a terrible person to me but you taught me a lot of things and gave me lessons that I can teach my daughter so I thank you for that. Thanks for the apology too." I said.

"Again, I'm sorry and thank you for hearing me out." She told me.

Leaving shortly after I sent Jahir the recording and headed home since I had no appointments today.

***
2:56 pm

I woke up from my nap hearing the Paw Patrol theme song as Erin laid beside me with her eyes glued to the TV.