fiftyone

*not edited, excuse mistakes*

Indya Brown Next Day6:45 am📍Hillman Law Firm

Indya Brown
Next Day
6:45 am
📍Hillman Law Firm

click

click

click

Was the sound my heels made as I walked down the law firm's hallway. One of their associates guiding me to the lawyers office with Rob and Terrance closely behind me.

"This is it. Morning Mrs. Hillman." The associate said once we stopped at the room.

Behind the desk sat a middle-aged black woman with a serious look on her face.

"Morning Kyle. You all may take a seat." Mrs. Hillman said and we did just that. Kyle walked out the room closing the door behind him.

"Robert and Terrance good to see you again. And you must be Mrs. Brown, good to finally meet you." She said holding her hand out for me to shake it.

"Yes ma'am I'm Indya, good meeting you as well." I said taking her hand. Rob and Terrance spoke to her as well.

"Well lets get straight to it. There's not really much to talk about since Mr. Brown made sure to give me every detail of the case. I mean every detail. Like I explained to him, it's important for me to know the full truth so I won't be surprised of any information that comes up in court." She said causing us to nod.

"Now, with the evidence you guys shared with me about how Mr. Brown's name got thrown into the case I can't do much with that information unless it's brought up. They will most likely keep the focus on Mr. Mill's disappearance which I plan to go a self defense approach since I know exactly what happened that night."

"With the recordings given we can definitely use that for an appeal after Mr. Brown is sentenced which can either release him or reduce time but we have to stay focused on the task at hand for now which is clearing his name. Prosecutors want to paint Mills to be the victim but I will be sure that they see exactly what type of situation Brown was put into. Any questions?" She finished explaining.

"Have you seen him? Do you know if he's able to make phone calls or anything?" I asked.

"Yes, I went to the precinct where he's being held last night. He is allowed to make a limited amount of phone calls so he should be in touch with you soon." Mrs. Hillman said.

"Has a court date been set yet?" Rob asked.

"Not yet but we meet with the judge tomorrow at 12pm so a court date should be established then. Now, I don't want you all to get your hopes up thinking bail we'll be set and he can be back home until the court date. It's a possibility but you never know with these people. I will send you all the information so you can be informed every step of the way." She assured us.