Goodbye

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

Your eyes strain at the painting you're working on. Your art teacher selects an assignment for the class to paint a scenery that catches your eye on the school campus. With the weather being nice out, your class paints outside. But you struggle with the assignment itself. You've never liked art class.

You couldn't differentiate color. Everything is in the dark and light colors of gray. You always figured this is the same for everyone. But you quickly learn it's not when you entered school at the young age for kindergarten. One day your teacher asked you to tell her the color of the block she held up and you confidently answered her with the word gray.

Thunderous laughter erupted from your peers, followed by a peculiar look from your teacher. Each block she held up, you answered her with either dark or light gray. You couldn't understand why she was confused and why your classmates laughed like they had. You didn't say anything funny. Following after that day, your teacher spoke to your parents about your "condition".

Your parents had no idea about your lack of color. They've taken you to doctors who offered glasses that may help you see color. But they didn't work for you. You didn't understand why your parents worried about your lack of color. You lived fine before. You couldn't miss something you never had anyway.

But your life only became harder when you needed to know colors. Tasks and questions with color became difficult. Like when your mother would ask you to hand her the green bell peppers instead of the red or yellow. Or when you had to learn the colors of a traffic light. You couldn't believe how hard life became just because of one thing you lacked.

The older you got, the harsher the peers around you would poke fun of you for it. At first it didn't bother you much. The bullying were tedious things like picking fun of you for choosing the wrong colored socks that morning. But as you moved from elementary to middle school, the bullying became worse. Others would make it painfully obvious when you couldn't answer questions dealt with color.

You wondered why they went out of their way to make you feel terrible for something you had no control over. What's so great about color anyway? Why did you have to be made fun of seeing life in grayscale? Why does your pain give them greater enjoyment?

Nothing made you more upset than art class had. Your classmates would laugh and knit pick your drawings. Saying you colored the sky brown instead of blue. Coloring the grass pink instead of green. Drawing the sun red instead of yellow.

Others would pity you, muttering under their breath how unlucky you are to see life in such a depressing shade. One day someone purposely swapped the uniform colors that you had to wear for a school trip to one of the rivalry schools. You try to not recall the thunderous laughter and fingers being pointed at you when you entered campus that day. Your parents scolded the school for the bullying you received but they fell on deaf ears.

Now you're in high school and the bullying continues. Maturity seems nonexistent as you grow older. You stiffen when you hear the sound of grass crunch behind you. A male classmate of yours narrows their eyes on your canvas. He snatches one of the paint bottles from your bag.

"Let me help you with that." He snickers under his breath, squeezing globs of paint onto your canvas. You look at the boy in horror, smacking his hand to drop the paint he holds. He glares daggers at you, a menacing look in his eyes. "The fuck Y/L/N?!"

This commotion brings attention from the other peers around you and your teacher. She hurries over to the two of you, eyeing you first before the boy. "What are you doing over here, Hiroshi?" Hiroshi clicks his tongue, pointing his finger over to you.