The fear of the unknown

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

The Halloween party is filled with laughter and captured moments of happiness by cameras and cellphones. Conversations is never dry within the group. Three weeks have lead to several topics as the group jumps from one topic to the next. Your parents retire for the night as the clock strikes 11PM. They leave with parting words suggesting for everyone to spend the night.

Now with your parents gone, the conversation steers to a topic that's been on yours and Itadori's mind. Itadori clears his throat, while setting down his empty cup of apple cider. "So...Halloween night." Itadori crinkles his nose as he scans the group of friends that sit in a circle in the middle of the living room. Panda leans his back on the edge of the sofa with his hands in a bag of chips.

Okkotsu averts eye contact with Itadori as he pretends to sip on his drink. The only ones to make eye contact with Itadori is Inumaki and Maki. Inumaki remains resting his head on your right shoulder as you purse your lips. You anticipate to hear the events that will forgo within the Jujutsu users. Maki slowly exhales under her breath before sitting up straight. She adjusts the fabric of the dress around her waist. "Guess it's up to me to explain." Maki murmurs before glaring at the silent boys.

Maki's lips part slightly before she closes them. A pondering look flashes over her face before she finalizes her thoughts together. "I'll try to explain in simple terms for the two of you to understand. Albeit, I'll be keeping certain details a secret due to confidentiality." Your eyes and Itadori's cross, the two of you nodding firmly to Maki's words. "Panda, Okkotsu, Inumaki, and I will be sent out on a dangerous mission. Being Halloween the cursed spirits are more heighten with their powers."

The word dangerous sends a chill down your spine. But you continue to listen to every word that falls from Maki's tongue. "There's a rumor that a group of misfits will be in Shibuya that following night to cause disarray to the public. Our goal is to evacuate as many innocent bystanders. There's no guarantee that we may not be hurt in the process." Maki's eyes slowly trails over to your face. Your body stiffens and you feel the color in your face flush into a paleness.

"But, we're not your average bottom tier Jujutsu sorcerers." Panda cuts into the conversation to lighten the intensity of the conversation. Panda sets the empty bag of chips onto the coffee table. He then gives your left shoulder a firm squeeze. You turn your head slightly to look at Panda who raises a thumbs up with his left hand. "We just ask for you and Ita to remain indoors Halloween night. After we clean up this mess, let's all hang out again! We can start preparing ideas on how to celebrate Christmas." Panda smiles widely from ear to ear.

Itadori snorts before chuckling whole-heartedly. "Is having fun the only thing on your mind Panda?" Itadori says between laughter. Panda scoffs before nodding his head enthusiastically. He then stretches his arms up and yawns. "Aside from fun, sleep is also on my mind. We should all get some rest. I'm tired out from all the training and partying I've done tonight."

"Where do you keep your blankets, Y/L/N?" Okkotsu mutters under his breath quietly. Upon hearing Okkotsu's question you feel Inumaki raise his head from your shoulder, a cold breeze replacing the previous warmth. You stand on your feet and excuse yourself from the group to fetch the blankets for the others. You head upstairs to open a tiny closet in the hallway where two large blankets are neatly set.

Dangerous. Cursed spirits. Hurt. These words fill your mind and causes you to freeze in your spot with your hand resting on top of the blankets. You startle when someone hovers beside you and a hand outstretches towards the same blankets you're grabbing. You quickly turn your attention to the right to see Itadori standing there.