Soulmate

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

Where is she? Inumaki frantically searches the crowd from the rooftops of the shrine. Panda and Maki are currently dealing with evacuation while Okkotsu helps with the search of Y/N. Itadori is safely sent off towards the evacuation site where other sorcerers are guarding the surrounding area. Inumaki groans from frustration. Everything was going too smoothly like he predicted.

He has been on high alert all day and did not expect for a stampede to tear him apart from Y/N. Inumaki struggles to remain calm as his eyes dart left and right. His only thought is the fear of Y/N being alone in the darkness. There's barely any light around this location. The shrine is perched on a hill with several trees in the surrounding area. Not only are there yards of trees but the snow blankets every inch of the land.

Inumaki forces his eyes shut as he inhales deeply with tight knit brows. He has to think as if he is Mahito. Where would Mahito hide? What is his next plan? Why did Mahito decide to strike now? What does all of this have to do with him and Y/N's relationship? There's too many questions for Inumaki to form an answer to.

The cursed spirit who roams around as he pleases while killing innocent humans on Halloween night. What was his intention that night? Is this some power trip bullshit? Or maybe he feels pleasure from seeing despair from others? Whatever it is, Inumaki is sure this is just another joke to Mahito. Another thing for him to do to pass the time.

Feeling less frantic as before, Inumaki flutters his eyes open. There's no time for him to idle. He needs to search for Y/N. He's sure Mahito may be in an open area in attempts to lure Inumaki there. Somewhere among these rows of trees has to be an open area. Inumaki takes a deep inhale before leaping off the rooftops of the shrine.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

One moment you are standing in front of the cursed spirit and the next you're captured by him with a blindfold over your eyes. Screaming is pointless since you're unsure if your voice is being heard. You couldn't risk exhausting yourself by the screams. You attempted to pound your fists and feet against his body but it causes you more harm than him. He quickly solved the problem by tying your hands and feet with rope that appeared out of no where. With a thud, your body is enveloped in coldness. The surface isn't entirely hard so you can only assume he's tossed you onto the snow.

You slowly prop yourself up using your elbows. Goosebumps easily litter your body from the low temperature. You sense the cursed spirit which causes you to remain still. The man squats behind you, his hair tickling your face when he leans beside your left ear. "I think we can have a proper chat here without all of the screaming. Don't you think?"

Your body naturally shivers when you feel his arm raise up. The man unties the blindfold that drops onto the snow. Your eyelashes flutter rapidly as you readjust to seeing again. But you're unable to feel a moment of relief when the man reminds you how closely he is. You stare at his fingertips that reach up towards your stray hairs. He wraps his left pointer finger around your hair with a satisfied hum.

"I never introduced myself. The name is Mahito." The man grins from ear to ear. Your only response is to remain still while swallowing the saliva that builds in your throat. "No need to tell me your name. I already know it. Y/L/N Y/N. The "colorblind" girl who only sees color when Inumaki Toge presents himself to her. How peculiar."

Mahito laughs loudly as if this situation is amusing. You force your eyes shut, creeped out of your own skin from his laughter. With trembling lips, you part them to speak in a shaky tone. "W-What do you want from me?" You feel Mahito's presence back away. He stands up on his feet to walk around to situate himself in front of you.