Awkward duo

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

Why is he here? Okkotsu is covered in sweat from his morning jog. He finds himself in Y/L/N's neighborhood. He stops in front of her driveway with a heavy breath. Okkotsu flutters his eyes closed as he leans forward with his hands on his knees. He tries to calm his breathing by inhaling and exhaling through his nose.

There's a minor sound of the door opening and a rustling of bags. Okkotsu slowly opens his eyes and cast his sight towards the noise. Y/L/N is distracted by the phone in one hand while her other hand carries a few plastic bags. The two then make eye contact when she looks forward. Okkotsu visibly sees her face pale over and her eyes widening in surprise.

Before Okkotsu can say anything, Y/L/N quickly turns around to face her back to him. He notices the tips of her ear redden. He watches her head tilt downward to look at her pajama's that clings to her body. A simple white tee with a cute cartoon character and a pair of shorts to match. Her hair is messily put together in a bun with a few strays falling on the sides.

"O-Okkotsu?" You stutter out his name while clinging onto the recycled plastic bags close to your chest. He's the last person you'd think you'll see this morning. You mentally curse yourself for having your guard down. You'll have to make yourself more presentable at any surprise encounter from today onward.

You hear the sound of his shoes dragging slightly against the pavement of your driveway. He's slowly walking towards you but you hear him stop directly behind you. You're unsure what kind of expression he is making or what he'll say. But you do know how tense you're feeling from his eyes staring at you. There's nothing you can do now but look at him.

Running away from him seems a bit foolish. Bracing yourself, you slowly turn around to make eye contact with the boy. You hesitantly lift your eyes away from the bags in your hands to Okkotsu's eyes. You notice the way his bangs cling to his forehead from the sweat. Nervously, you take a better look of Okkotsu. He's in a solid colored tee and a pair of gym shorts with sneakers.

Your looming stare must've made him shy when you notice him shift slightly. His eyes avert to the side and he crinkles his nose adorably. Okkotsu raises one hand over his mouth to clear his throat. "Morning." Okkotsu mutters quietly under his breath.

You nod your head slowly to his words before parting your own lips in response. "M-Morning. Were you on a jog?" Your tone comes out shaky from how awkward you feel. Okkotsu simply nods his head. You watch his hand sweep his bangs out of his face.

His eyes lower to the trash bags in your arms, a finger pointing to them. "Taking out the trash? Need a hand?" Despite Okkotsu asking, he's already reaching for the bags out of your arms. He takes them away from you and walks over to the recycling bin, tossing them inside.

You're sure he did that to get away from the awkwardness. But the atmosphere still lingers. You utter out a thank you before clasping your hands behind you. "Do you...usually jog around here?" You ask a question you clearly know the answer to. Not once have you seen Okkotsu around these parts in the morning.

He shakes his head, gulping the saliva that builds in his throat. Okkotsu keeps his eyes down to his shoes. You notice his jaw tighten and he's searching for words in the pavement. Pursing your lips, you squeeze your hands together. "Would you like a water bottle? It would be bad if you passed out on your jog back to the dorms."

"Yeah, that would be nice." Okkotsu raises his eyes up to meet yours. You form a tiny smile and nod to his words. You quickly turn around and rush back inside the house. You don't relax until you close the door behind you. Releasing a deep exhale, you shake out your arms from the nervousness.