Selfish

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

Okkotsu slows his pace when he sees the silhouette of Y/L/N in front of her doorstep. Breathing seems painful from how desperate his lungs are begging for air. He lowers his phone from his ear, ending the call as he slowly makes his way over to the girl. This was not something Okkotsu found himself doing tonight. Especially after the conversation he shared with Inumaki.

He was moments away from laying down in bed to force himself to sleep. But here he is. Standing in front of the girl he wants to so desperately avoid. Okkotsu is amazed at himself for his actions. He watched the call ring beside his pillow but something lulled him to answer Y/L/N's phone call.

He must really love this girl. The single thought sends a shiver down his spine. Okkotsu nervously takes a seat beside Y/L/N. She hides her face in her arms that hold her knees close to her chest. Okkotsu sneaks a glance at Y/L/N from the corner of his eye. One of her hands grip tightly onto her phone while the other digs into the hoodie that clings onto her.

Okkotsu feels his heart pound against his chest when his mind starts to settle. His rough breathing calms itself as he stares at the dark midnight sky. Y/L/N mentioned that she overheard his conversation with Itadori. That's a bit embarrassing. How is Okkotsu suppose to react now? Y/L/N knows his true feelings about her and Inumaki. Does she hate him for the way he feels? Jealousy is a nasty trait that is unavoidable at times.

Unsure on what to do, Okkotsu bites down on his lower lip. He searches the sky for an answer but there isn't any. He hears the slight movement to his left and his eyes easily gets pulled away to look at Y/L/N. The girl nervously raises her head up to look to her right towards him. Okkotsu's heart drops when he sees Y/L/N's tearstained face and frown. Her eyes desperately scan his entire face. Okkotsu holds in his breath, anticipating for her voice.

Your eyes dart left and right on Okkotsu's face. You notice how swollen his eyes are and how exhausted he looks. Of course you are eaten up by guilt for calling him out this late. Did he cry when he spoke with Inumaki? Had the conversation turn for the worse between the two?

"Are you okay?" The single question is spoke in unison by you and Okkotsu. You bite the tip of your tongue, wanting to giggle at how this is the second time the two of you are cutting each other off. But you can't find the energy to do so. A shared scoff fills the awkward atmosphere. You decide to speak up first in a small whisper. "I'm not okay."

Pausing, you look over to Okkotsu who lowers his eyes down to the ground. His eyes gloss over and his shoulders are slump. You whisper to him again, your brows knitting together. "But I don't want to talk about me, Okkotsu. I want to hear from you personally about everything that's on your mind. I know it's selfish of me to ask you this." Pursing your lips, you fall silent. You didn't think of a plan on how to approach this conversation.

The only thing you thought out is that you want to see Okkotsu. You want to hear everything he has to say. The good, the bad, and the ugly things he has pent up in that mind of his. You watch Okkotsu ponder on your words. He exhales deeply before resting his eyes on your face. Making eye contact with the boy sends an ache to your heart.

Okkotsu wears such a lonesome expression. The face he makes is full of heartache and hesitancy. Today has taken a toll on him. But this is a conversation he wouldn't be able to run away from. Okkotsu forces his eyes shut, his nails digging into his palms. His chest puffs out as he inhales and exhales slowly. Realistically, Okkotsu never wanted Y/L/N to find out about his feelings.