Full of questions

Salmon - Agree/Affirm
Bonito flakes - Disagree/deny
Kelp - Greeting
Mustard Leaf - Concern / Worry
Salmon Roe - To grab attention
Tuna - Focus
Tuna tuna - Look
Tuna mayo - Talk

------

You're lost in thought as you quietly walk beside Inumaki. What excuse will you tell Ms. Yuki when you return? Did she even notice your absence? Did anyone notice your disappearance? Your thoughts weigh heavy on your mind as you derail.

Your steps slowly come to a stop when you feel sadness all over again. Your shoulders slump and you stifle a sigh. It's too easy for your mind to settle into darkness. With so many questions, you're never given an answer to any of them. The sound of Inumaki's shoes halting abruptly against the pavement pulls your attention towards him.

He tilts his head slightly, confused to why you stopped. Your eyes rest on his face. Seeing so many beautiful colors before you lightens your heavy thoughts. But you're sure the depression will come storming back when your world becomes grayscale again. Inumaki grabs hold of his phone, pointing at it and then at you. You shake your head, not wanting to tell him your thoughts.

He slowly lowers his eyes to his phone before sliding it away into his pocket. You can't trouble Inumaki more than you already have. You point forward, whispering under your breath. "I can walk the rest of the way. You should head back to your school too."

Inumaki stares at you in response, he shakes his head, softly muttering behind his collar. "Bonito flakes." He points forward, tilting his head. He motions for you to go ahead and that he's planning to go with. Seeing that there's no room for negotiation, you reluctantly walk ahead again.

The walk towards your school is dreadful. Anxiety begins to litter your body and you tightly dig your fingernails into your palm. You keep your eyes down to your feet. Ideally you would love to hear someone's voice to distract your fleeting thoughts. But it's difficult when the person beside you is limited to his speech.

You start to wonder how Inumaki communicates with his classmates. Does he have many friends? Or is he also lonely because of his flaw? You raise your eyes away from your feet to look at Inumaki. He notices your stare, his eyes looking at you from the corners.

You quickly look away, pursing your lips. The difference between Inumaki and you is that he has powers. His powers can easily stop anyone who would try to start anything with him. A simple "stop" or "go away" might be efficient. You sigh under your breath, wishing you had a skill like that.

But knowing you, you'd overuse it. You're sure the consequences for doing so must be terrible. There's probably a limited amount of times Inumaki can use this gift of his. You wonder if it's like stamina in a game. Now distracted with something else, your anxiety slowly melts.

Before you know it, you're standing in front of the school entrance. You stare at the building, swallowing the saliva that builds in your mouth. "W-Well...here we are." You turn to your left, bowing slightly to Inumaki. You're about to thank him for walking with you when a voice cuts through the quietness.

"Toge!" A boys voice rings out behind Inumaki. The two of you turn your attention over to the owner of the voice. An average height boy with disheveled black hair and dark blue eyes slowly come to your view. His colors start to fade when he nears.

You stiffen when you spot a sword behind him. His clothes are different from Inumaki's but the button on his white jacket resembles the same one Inumaki has. You can safely assume that these two know one another. So he must be a sorcerer too. The boy places a hand on Inumaki's shoulder.

"There you are. Did you not get Maki's text? It's about time for us to head back." The boy slowly rests his eyes on you, a blank expression on his face compared to his carefree attitude towards Inumaki. His brows raise slightly. "Who's this? How come she's hurt? Did you get her caught up in a cursed spirit fight?"